Closed Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im still helping DS with wiping bit and so I am teaching him especially with no. 2s toilet lid comes down when it is flushed.

I actually keep a spray bottle of disinfectant on the toilet. Every time toilet seat (top and under of seat, flush button etc) is cleaned I also spray the tiles around the toilet too just in case. It is not much effort and takes me one minute to do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    You may need to lower your expectations of this when your kids are school age and having their friends over in the afternoon. They excitedly run in and out while they're playing, well at least that's what happens here. I often have anywhere between 4 and 6 kids at my house on any given afternoon. I'd never get anything done if I was being the shoe police the whole time they were here
    I probably wouldn't have that many kids over at once unless there was a party!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    If you can get your kids to do that every time they go I'll buy a lottery ticket.
    Haha I cant even get one of mine to remember to flush!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I probably wouldn't have that many kids over at once unless there was a party!
    I have three kids...if one invites one friend over that's 4 kids. Sometimes two kids want one friend over each, that's 5 kids. Then my youngest is often friends with a little brother or sister, so I just take them home with us too.
    Having between 4-6 kids around in the afternoon is really not hard. Sometimes it's easier having 6 kids, because then they all get to have a friend each so there's not a sibling annoying the other one. They pair off and play their own games and I get stuff done, and then call 'clean up time' 15 minutes before they are due to be picked up.

I believe you have two kids...you might not end up with 6 kids as easily as I do, but it won't be hard to have 4 kids in your house once your kids are school age. Just today we went to the beach and ran in to a few school friends there and then bought one home with us...my plan for the afternoon was housework, so I just did it with the extra child in the house. It was fine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),~BEXTER~  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Not enough time.

Too busy.
    I'm probably going to be extremely unpopular for this, but if I have time to post on bubhub it usually means I have time to quickly vaccy the floor. But, as we all know, I do not have kids yet. So I am in a different situation.

Me+DP ❤️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I have three kids...if one invites one friend over that's 4 kids. Sometimes two kids want one friend over each, that's 5 kids. Then my youngest is often friends with a little brother or sister, so I just take them home with us too.
    Having between 4-6 kids around in the afternoon is really not hard. Sometimes it's easier having 6 kids, because then they all get to have a friend each so there's not a sibling annoying the other one. They pair off and play their own games and I get stuff done, and then call 'clean up time' 15 minutes before they are due to be picked up.

I believe you have two kids...you might not end up with 6 kids as easily as I do, but it won't be hard to have 4 kids in your house once your kids are school age. Just today we went to the beach and ran in to a few school friends there and then bought one home with us...my plan for the afternoon was housework, so I just did it with the extra child in the house. It was fine.
    I get the impression you are more social than me. I'm not a fan of late notice play dates... And to be honest I could think of nothing worse that 6 kids running round... The noise! (Ok plenty of things actually worse, that was a figure of speech). So I would attempt to manage how crowded my house would be... Perhaps only having 2 kids is a part of that... This could all be a whole other thread though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

zooey  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get the impression you are more social than me. I'm not a fan of late notice play dates... And to be honest I could think of nothing worse that 6 kids running round... The noise! (Ok plenty of things actually worse, that was a figure of speech). So I would attempt to manage how crowded my house would be... Perhaps only having 2 kids is a part of that... This could all be a whole other thread though!
    Same. I'd rather go to the park if there will be that many kids.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

zooey  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will stop after this because it's going off on a bit of a tangent, perhaps I am more social than you, but it's also just how it seems to be (not only at our school, but also for my friends with kids who go to different schools). School finishes at 3pm, and there's usually 15 minutes worth of negotiations as to which kid is going to what house, you do a sibling swap (you're taking one of mine so I'll take one of yours etc.) and it's great. The kids that come to my house are gorgeous, I love having them (and their parents) in my life. There's one mum who happily lets her daughter come play at our house (and other's) but hasn't taken the time to get to know the parents and not only is she missing out on friendships, but her daughter is missing out too. No one knows this family so when her daughter wants to do something special with a friend for her birthday or whatever she can never find one, as none of us are willing to let our kids go off with virtual strangers. For the rest of us it's not an issue. Just yesterday one family took my 8 year old an hour away to share their daughter's birthday present with her. It's just something to think about. FWIW none of us think this other mum is horrible or anything, we've put it down to her being a bit shy and probably not liking other kids in her house all that much, but it just means we haven't gotten to know her and therefore the rules are different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    I'm probably going to be extremely unpopular for this, but if I have time to post on bubhub it usually means I have time to quickly vaccy the floor. But, as we all know, I do not have kids yet. So I am in a different situation.

Me+DP ❤️
    lol, I make time to not clean of an evening!! or when it doesn't suit me. How ridiculous to spend all my spare time cleaning! Even when I was childless I would never! Holy moly! Lol, Jmo.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),HillDweller  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    my 6yo has been closing the lid since he was toilet trained, no issues. go buy a ticket lol.
    I have 4. My oldest does. My others are still learning.