Closed Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    And sometimes our dogs sleep in our bed. And in the kids bed. On their pillows.

Horses for courses.
    LOL'ing at all of @Sonia'a comments. So many LOLs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm starting to feel like I'm either really easy going or really messy with all the people saying they'd 'have to sweep several times a day or get the vacuum out everytime'. Wouldn't even occur to me. I wouldn't even notice. The dogs track dirt inside all the time, I vacuum once a week, I really couldn't care less. I'm going to go with the first option that I'm just really easy going, not messy LOL

I always think it seems like I have more time to relax and read books than other people I know....now I realise it's because they're all vacuuming! haha

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-09-2014),melimum  (30-09-2014),MissMuppet  (29-09-2014),NancyBlackett  (29-09-2014),Starfish30  (29-09-2014),~ElectricPink~  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I'm starting to feel like I'm either really easy going or really messy with all the people saying they'd 'have to sweep several times a day or get the vacuum out everytime'. Wouldn't even occur to me. I wouldn't even notice. The dogs track dirt inside all the time, I vacuum once a week, I really couldn't care less. I'm going to go with the first option that I'm just really easy going, not messy LOL

I always think it seems like I have more time to relax and read books than other people I know....now I realise it's because they're all vacuuming! haha
    I only sweep a couple of times a day when hubby tracks dirt in because it's massive clumps of dirt and bits of wood from the armfuls he carries.

Someone asked about kids parties - I don't do shoes off then, I just clean afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I only sweep a couple of times a day when hubby tracks dirt in because it's massive clumps of dirt and bits of wood from the armfuls he carries.

Someone asked about kids parties - I don't do shoes off then, I just clean afterwards.
    When we lived on a farm with a wood fire, if DH was traipsing clumps of mud or dropping wood through the house then HE would be sweeping several times a day. I'm with hilldweller and the other weekly vacuumers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),HillDweller  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And sometimes our dogs sleep in our bed. And in the kids bed. On their pillows.

Horses for courses.
    I hope they don't have dags

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

sky1  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    When we lived on a farm with a wood fire, if DH was traipsing clumps of mud or dropping wood through the house then HE would be sweeping several times a day. I'm with hilldweller and the other weekly vacuumers.
    Believe me I've tried. His only jobs are to make sure there is wood at the back door and sweep the hearth every night. He does one of them.
    Although if I whinge enough he will do other things, and does bring bub to me in bed at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask how people with shoes off policies manage their kids playing during the day? My 3 year old DS spends his entire day running inside and outside the house. There's no way he'd stop every time and take shoes on and off. Same with my DDs running to the trampoline after school.

Do your kids put shoes on every time they go outside and then take them off again?
    Yep, shoes off when coming inside. My boy doesn't go continually in and out though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Mum has a little sign that is a cow with the words 'please remooooove your shoes' hanging below it. Polite and too cute to offend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Here's what I'm doing:

1) dropping hints (eg when ds1 comes inside yelling "DS, shoes off shoe rack please."

2) moving the shoe rack to a more obvious place near the door

3) getting a shoes off sign, then on the next visit asking for the shoes to be taken off

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (29-09-2014),Stretched  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Believe me I've tried. His only jobs are to make sure there is wood at the back door and sweep the hearth every night. He does one of them.
    Although if I whinge enough he will do other things, and does bring bub to me in bed at night.
    My 6yo wouldn't let him get away with it. She'd be calling after him "dad, you're going to be in trouble with mum" and hand him the dustpan! He's the opposite of domesticated so it was a big win for me!