Closed Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Can I ask how people with shoes off policies manage their kids playing during the day? My 3 year old DS spends his entire day running inside and outside the house. There's no way he'd stop every time and take shoes on and off. Same with my DDs running to the trampoline after school.

Do your kids put shoes on every time they go outside and then take them off again?
    We live in Qld so it is easy as the children have thongs at the backdoor to throw on when they play outside. It is too sweaty to be wearing closed in shoes in summer, easier/cooler to slip your sandles off at the door.

We prefer no shoes in the house, but I don't enforce it in winter as it is too cold on the tiles.

We even have had tradies come to our home, see that I don't have shoes on and remove theirs - even when I have said it is ok to leave them on.

I'm currently in Japan and our shoes are on/off all day. We went through a temple yesterday - no shoes (everyone has socks/stockings on) but they had slip ons for you to use in the toilets, no worries about stepping in pee.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shoes off always hAd been growing up as a habit I take shoes off at anyone's house. I feel weird wearing shoes inside a house. I like to wear socks though so often take some if it's someone I know well 😏

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

zooey  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I ask how people with shoes off policies manage their kids playing during the day? My 3 year old DS spends his entire day running inside and outside the house. There's no way he'd stop every time and take shoes on and off. Same with my DDs running to the trampoline after school.

Do your kids put shoes on every time they go outside and then take them off again?
    My 3 year old either puts a pair of slip on sand shoes or thongs on when she plays in the backyard and takes them off when she comes inside. No reminders needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yep, in winter it's gumboots and summer it will be crocs. No way do I want sheep poo on my carpet. DH will walk inside with his on, just on the lino but it means I have to sweep at least twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me I am much the same.
    Don't like dirty shoes being used inside the house ....
    When I am a visitor I take my shoes off....
    I wonder if the public can buy those things that you slip over shoes like in hospitals when you go into surgery. ...
    They would be ideal in this situation. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes kids do this. My two year old removes her shoes be herself when inside and when she wants to go outside brings me her sandals.

I keep shoes at the front near the door but everyone also has a pair of flip flops at the back door.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Easy. Tell them to take them off/put them on. Both girls 2&4 have sandals by the back door to wear outside and bare footed inside. On muddy days I have a bucket/towel by the door so they can wash their feet before they come in. I have a little shoe shelf near the trampoline for the girls to put their shoes on before they play on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm just thinking about the hundreds of kids I've had through our house for parties and play dates since DD1 was born. I couldn't count how many. It would do my head in trying to get shoes on and off each time they went in and came out. Our back doors are basically open from November to April unless we are out or away. Our yard is an extension of our house really.

Like I said each to their own. My kids rarely wear shoes anyway.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),HillDweller  (29-09-2014),NancyBlackett  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm...I walk everywhere I can. Would people really want me to take off sneakers I had been walking in for an hour?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I wouldn't take my shoes off unless I was asked to, even if there's a rack there, I probably wouldn't notice a sign, I'd need to be told. I would feel weird just kicking my shoes off at someone else's house uninvited, that feels too familiar to me... i dunno... yeah... but I'm pretty easy going, I just take them off if I was asked no worries.