+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    What fish is best? I'm not a big fish eater myself.

Is there anything I should really avoid for him? There's no allergies to food in our families. (If that matters?)
    I like to use snapper or flathead fillets.

The only thing that you need to avoid is honey until bub is 12 months old. Everything else is fair game - of course limit sodium and sugar and the bad fats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks it seems so obvious now when I'm given so many ideas!

Can't wait to try these. He loves his veggies. If we have them he does too. He's chewed on roast lamb and beef and loved that. I just can never think of anything that sounds nice lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did know about honey lol I hate it so we barely ever have it unless it's used for cooking.

We have jewfish (mulloway) fillets. Would that be ok if I flaked them? I'd need to flake them ALOT to ensure there aren't bones. Or if I buy the fish you've mentioned are they more likely to have no bones?
    Like I said not a big fish eater lol my limit is tuna in a can lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the jewfish fillets would be great. I just usually pan fry in some olive oil and a bit of butter and chuck in a bit of crushed garlic, whatever herbs I have on hand a squeeze of lemon and then just flake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! I'll do that my FIL (who catches them n gives us some) makes them baked in foil with lemon, orange, grated carrot and some herbs. That's the only way I eat them lol. I'm assuming cooked like that would be ok for DS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just be careful with those little corn cobettes, once all the corn is off the con is the right size to choke on. We only know because DS1 managed to put one in his mouth at the pub one night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Awesome! I'll do that my FIL (who catches them n gives us some) makes them baked in foil with lemon, orange, grated carrot and some herbs. That's the only way I eat them lol. I'm assuming cooked like that would be ok for DS?
    Perfect. Sounds yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fish is a great food for kids - we aim for 2-3 serves a week

Flathead tails are great for fish fingers - I just crumb with either quinoa or rice crumbs, chia seeds and herbs and bake in the oven

Salmon is a perfect fish for kids ( high in omegas) just steam it grill it and flake off little pieces for babies or just boneless fillets for toddlers and add it to cooked pasta or mince it for fish cakes or salmon sausage rolls - crab is very high in b12 so a great food for kids - crab cakes are easy, crab burgers are one if DS fav dinners!

For my "nuggets" I throw into a food processor;
    Chicken or turkey breast or tuna
    Fresh parsley
    Baby spinach
    Carrot
    Zucchini
    Peas
    Chia seeds
    Garlic
    1 egg
    Quinoa or rice crumbs ( enough just to make mixture a bit drier)

Roll into whatever shape you like, roll in crumbs to coat and either bake or shallow fry in olive oil - I gave these to DS from 7 months and they freeze really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry double post