+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Age gap would love to hear your experiences, good or bad!

Would like to hear from anyone that has or has had a larger age gap between bub #2 & #3? We have DD1 and DD2, if all going to plan with TTC DD1 will be 7 1/2 by the time #3 arrives and DD2 will be 5 by then.
    Has anyone had similar age gaps to this and give any advice as to how it went for you. Very interested to hear .
    Our girls are super keen for another sibling but well aware that may change a little once a baby comes home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, interested in replies as if we go for #3 will probably have a larger age gap (Ds1 & Ds2 are 2yrs apart)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

busybee80  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD was 6 and DS was nearly 4 when our third bub arrived, so a slightly smaller age gap than mentioned in the OP.
    For us this gap has worked wonderfully (so far!) bub is nearly three now and his big brother and sister have doted on him since we brought him home. He absolutely adores them and all their friends and the big kids are very patient and good with him. So no complaints here!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

busybee80  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have two with a 4.5yr gap and dd just loves her little brother, I was worried about this big gap but I love it now.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

busybee80  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will also add there is 6yrs and 4yrs between me and my two brothers and we get along great. We still fought as kids but everyone does.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a four year gap between my DD1 and DD2 and I found it great as my eldest was really involved with caring for her baby sister and loved to help me out. I'm pregnant with baby #3 at the moment and by the time he/she arrives there will be 5.5 years between DD2 and the baby. I don't foresee there being any problems as both of my girls are very excited about having a little baby sister or brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have a 3.5 year gap, a 23 month gap and then a 2.5 year age gap.

There are pros and cons depending on the ages of the kids. When they are tiny I liked the bigger age gap so I wasn't dealing with 2 little kids (I find anything under 2 unbearable for me with a newborn). But now my oldest is 9 and DD2 is only 5.5 they don't really play together much and seem to not have a lot in common - they enjoy each other's company and get along but have different interests.

DD2 and DS1 are the closest in age and are now 3.5 and 5.5 and are best mates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only have one child at this point but I am the third child of a family with the exact age gaps you're talking about. I loved our family structure. Apparently it took my sister (middle child) a little while to adjust to not being the baby anymore but from when I can remember we all got along pretty well. I did play on my own a lot because I my siblings weren't really interested in the same things I was. It didn't bother me though.

My sister now has three kids and coincidentally has the same age gaps. She likes it from a parent's perspective because with the older two at school she can give undivided attention to her youngest.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a 8 year old, 5 year old and a 2 year old when ds4 was born so my older 2 were your age gap and they are so good with our baby they help me out look after him while I shower or so on and I can't fault it all my kids have such a great bond

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the age gap between dd1 and dd2 (5years) there will only be 26 months (2yr 2mth) between dd2 and #3 - not sure how I will cope with that! I have found the large age gap good so far.