+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok reading all the other things she has said and done she reminds me a lot of a friend I made in mother's group I cut ties with. She just made me feel constantly judged and I'd always leave her place with so many things running through my mind in the end I just didn't want to see her anymore.

People like that suck the fun and life out of everything. I'd just avoid her TBH. She sounds like too much hard work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good on you for calling her out on it.
    Some people just don't realise.

If ive invited people over for a playdate and one of my kids has a runny nose or something i text the friend and say

'xyz has a runny nose but is otherwise well, happy to have you if you'd still like to come but understand if you want to reschedule'

That way ive done my bit by informing them and the ball is in their court

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She sounds like a twit and not someone I'd waste my time and energy on. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and catering to a high maintenance "friend" like that would be something I'd put on the back burner. I wouldn't get into it with her - but I'd be treating her the same way she treats you as far as SMS/call etiquette and not go out of my way to catch up

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (27-09-2014),sunnyflower  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She ended up replying saying she was sorry my DS isn't well and that she didn't think her DS's runny nose was a big deal because he had it for 2 weeks already. And that she understands where I am coming from.

Im not sure i believe her with that as for my DS to come down with it pretty well asap leads me to believe her DS was either really unwell and its an actual virus, or she is lying.

My DS is terribly miserable. Burning up, green snot now like her DS had. I don't know what to think but surprised she actually responded to me at least as for far less i have been completely ignored lol! Im glad she has taken it on board. Im feeling that she probably felt she had to otherwise she loses a play mate for her DS though.

I probably sound b!tchy saying this but i do feel its best I still distance myself as she really is a lot of work. Its not a good sign on the friendship when i leave her house feeling annoyed and uneasy about the experience.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she doesn't sound like much fun lol!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think that when your gut or past experience tells you to back away from someone, it's never a bad thing if you do.
    It doesn't have to be a big deal, just not be as available or accessible as you usually would have been.
    I would have been really annoyed too if she invited me over and was sick or her DS was sick. Really inconsiderate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post
    She ended up replying saying she was sorry my DS isn't well and that she didn't think her DS's runny nose was a big deal because he had it for 2 weeks already. And that she understands where I am coming from.

Im not sure i believe her with that as for my DS to come down with it pretty well asap leads me to believe her DS was either really unwell and its an actual virus, or she is lying.

My DS is terribly miserable. Burning up, green snot now like her DS had. I don't know what to think but surprised she actually responded to me at least as for far less i have been completely ignored lol! Im glad she has taken it on board. Im feeling that she probably felt she had to otherwise she loses a play mate for her DS though.

I probably sound b!tchy saying this but i do feel its best I still distance myself as she really is a lot of work. Its not a good sign on the friendship when i leave her house feeling annoyed and uneasy about the experience.
    I don't think it's fair to say she's lying about that. The same virus can have varying degrees of symptoms for different people.

Regardless of that, I think everyone should give a heads up if someone in their house is showing any signs of sickness before interacting with others. Though I wouldn't cut ties because of that alone, I definitely wouldn't want anything to do with someone like her after the other things you mentioned.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say she's lying about that. The same virus can have varying degrees of symptoms for different people.
    Oh yeah I am aware of that, it just seems odd to me that she would only talk about his runny nose and completely ignore all his other illness symptoms. She has tried to play it all down so i am not sure what to believe with it all. All I can say is i do hope she is lying because im not looking forward to my DS being that sick for 2 weeks. He is pretty bad now... Wow, what a lovely start to my mat leave thanks to her!