+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be peeved and annoyed, for sure. However, I don't think I'd be bringing it up again after the fact.
    From you've described she seems slightly self absorbed/self important and even naive; you're right, you don't encourage people to come over and interact if you're unwell. You'd especially think she'd want to be more cautious given you're pregnant.
    The situation would absolutely p!ss me off, but I'd most likely just keep my distance rather than waste my time addressing it with a person who will more than likely react in a defensive manner.
    She sounds quite impulsive and selfish, but I do think that in her mind/heart she probably wasn't fully aware of the damage it would cause. You have a history with going into premature labour, the last thing you want is an illness/infection.
    Also interested to hear what her reply was to your text....

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I'd be peeved and annoyed, for sure. However, I don't think I'd be bringing it up again after the fact.
    From you've described she seems slightly self absorbed/self important and even naive; you're right, you don't encourage people to come over and interact if you're unwell. You'd especially think she'd want to be more cautious given you're pregnant.
    The situation would absolutely p!ss me off, but I'd most likely just keep my distance rather than waste my time addressing it with a person who will more than likely react in a defensive manner.
    She sounds quite impulsive and selfish, but I do think that in her mind/heart she probably wasn't fully aware of the damage it would cause. You have a history with going into premature labour, the last thing you want is an illness/infection.
    Also interested to hear what her reply was to your text....

I decided to say something because for us to continue as friends she needs to know im gonna start setting some boundaries. She messaged me the following day after a play date we had a few weeks ago letting me know she isn't comfortable with me asking my DS to clean up the mess he makes at her house and in future to not do it. I just feel well, if she's gonna bring things up with me then I will with her. She is a very over opinionated person so for our play dates i seem to be on the receiving end of her constant opinions on my life etc, and i can't go on with it all. I try to eep things civil and nice while she just tells me straight out that she thinks her DS will be better off in his life than my DS will be because her's was baptized. Things like that. Over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She sounds like an id!ot and I wouldn't worry about her anymore.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (27-09-2014),olismumma  (27-09-2014),Serenity Love  (27-09-2014),VicPark  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post
    I decided to say something because for us to continue as friends she needs to know im gonna start setting some boundaries. She messaged me the following day after a play date we had a few weeks ago letting me know she isn't comfortable with me asking my DS to clean up the mess he makes at her house and in future to not do it. I just feel well, if she's gonna bring things up with me then I will with her. She is a very over opinionated person so for our play dates i seem to be on the receiving end of her constant opinions on my life etc, and i can't go on with it all. I try to eep things civil and nice while she just tells me straight out that she thinks her DS will be better off in his life than my DS will be because her's was baptized. Things like that. Over it.
    Totally understand. She doesn't sound like a friend I'd want in my life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, and the baptized thing, how rude. I'd have cut her off at that comment alone. Wow, she certainly is holier than thou and bossy, too. Not my kind of person at all.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Oblena  (28-09-2014),olismumma  (27-09-2014),Serenity Love  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for saying something. If she doesn't reply or apologize then you're better off without her

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's selfish! I totally understand that you didnt leave straight away and how it would've been a hard enough effort to organize your ds then drive 50 mins! Im 32 weeks pregnant with no2 and wouldve been ****ed off too as it's so so selfish! Not only for your poor ds but you being heavily pregnant!!!
    It sounds like in your posts you already know the answer regarding your friendship, it sounds very one-sided and friends dont guilt trip or be inconsiderate. And you know what, bad luck if she feels her ds misses out on socializing, thats not your problem. Don't let her walk all over you op, just keep your distance. She sounds toxic. Focus on your ds and impending birth

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (27-09-2014),~Marigold~  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I have been way too nice to her and the making my DS sick thing has been the final straw. I feel silly for bothering with her to begin with when i think back to how she has acted towards me over the years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont feel silly that just shows you're a good person who was willing to forgive. . But for her to treat you like **** again thats her loss. You've tried

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (27-09-2014),~Marigold~  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope that in some way or another you feel some sort of a relief and glad that it's over ....honestly you don't need people like that in your life ....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post: