+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do what everyone else has suggested. But my ds wont drink room temp it has to be heated he is just fussy though. I just boil the kettle in the morning and pour into the bottles ready for the day

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take warm or hot water in the bottles (as many as I thought I'd need on the day/outing) and a powder dispenser pot with pre measured amounts and mix them fresh.
    If possible, I'd heat them if the facilities were available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all your replies, really helpful (sorry about my delayed response!)

I think I might try making up a bottle and taking it with me with ice packs - apparently that's ok if you use it within 4 hours of taking it from the fridge. Maybe when it gets really hot I'll have to try something else though!

I wish they sold packs of ready to drink formula!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi definitely don't need to serve formula warm. Room temperature is the same safety wise as serving it warm and a lot easier when out and about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    S26 make ready to use formula packs. We can buy them in woolies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2 View Post
    S26 make ready to use formula packs. We can buy them in woolies.
    I scoured the shelves of my local woolies but no luck. 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fill my bottles with boiled water then allow to cool while I'm out n about when bubs was smaller I took a flask/ thermos of boiling water and added to it to get a good temperature. Now baby is older and the weather is warming I just offer water that has been boiled at room temperature and simply add the formula powder just before serving :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your replies, really helpful (sorry about my delayed response!)

I think I might try making up a bottle and taking it with me with ice packs - apparently that's ok if you use it within 4 hours of taking it from the fridge. Maybe when it gets really hot I'll have to try something else though!

I wish they sold packs of ready to drink formula!
    Just a friendly heads up that already made formula needs to be heated in a bottle warmer/bowl of hot water. Nuking formula in the microwave creates hot spots and also destroys important nutrients. Just thinking that may get a little tricky if the ice blocks have made the milk really cold while you're out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Microwaving only damages breast milk not formula You can get hot spots but nothing shaking the bottle won't fix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1411983384.242384.jpg
    According the QLD health, formula can be damaged by being heated in a microwave.