Closed Thread
Page 58 of 103 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    They told me when its transfer you just pay for drugs and for any further transfers just pay for drugs. But cost she will explain better
    See this doesn't sit well with me. What if it took someone 5 FETs before achieving pregnancy. They can't continue monitoring patients month after month, bring them into the clinic for transfer, the costs are to great. The ultrasounds & nurses/doctor required to carry them out.. embryologist 'thawing' out embryos & being present during transfer, sterile catheters etc etc. it's too costly, they can't survive on that initial fee. But hey, $500 per FET +/- extra if drugs are necessary is still cheaper than TFC!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I get through all my embryos by December without pregnancy, I would want to go there. Do you think I should request an appointment in advance?? How pessimistic is that!? Writing off my embryos before even giving them a chance lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    See this doesn't sit well with me. What if it took someone 5 FETs before achieving pregnancy. They can't continue monitoring patients month after month, bring them into the clinic for transfer, the costs are to great. The ultrasounds & nurses/doctor required to carry them out.. embryologist 'thawing' out embryos & being present during transfer, sterile catheters etc etc. it's too costly, they can't survive on that initial fee. But hey, $500 per FET +/- extra if drugs are necessary is still cheaper than TFC!!
    Have a look at your cheques when you get them and it will say exactly how much the doc is getting paid. I'm fairly certain it would outweigh the cost of monitoring. Especially seeing as its an established clinic with staff already employed ie;no extra costs. It's a pretty hefty amount for the 10 minutes it takes to transfet haha. With the waiting time they must be staggering patients so they don't require extra staff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pap, I'm keeping my appt just in case. My theory, if I organise it all I won't need it. The Murphys law of infertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would make an appointment pap just in case. First available doctors appointment is November 9. You can always cancel. They did say that they bulk bill it and medicare send you the cheques so you just take the cheques to them thats what covers their cost.

Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #4

$300 embryo storage for 12 months is good. I think it's $250-$260 or more for 6 months via TFC.

I can't really read the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta came back at 337 today.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (24-09-2015),shelby27  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome Ngaiz!! I'm a smidge jealous but happy for you all the same. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of interest.. how many DPO are you now? And how does that figure compare to the Bhcg with Lexi??
    It seems like a high early beta yeah??
    Go on Ngaiz, this is the best thing ever.. your allowed to obsess over it. I'm living vicariously through you at the moment xxx