Closed Thread
Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha ngaiz if the investigating tests are bulk billed. As im not paying for them again. I will go through them. I will wait to see what their appointment is about I guess. I need someone to fertilise my embryos and put them back I dont need much fussing over I know my uterus is fine lining is always goid. I will see what they are about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yip, get them out, fertilise them and jam 'em back in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats all I need If I can do it for as little money as possible im happy. As long as the service is ok and its not in some dodgy warehouse haha. Im just interested as to what they have to say

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been called in to the doctors office for my blood results, tested last week. I don't know why they can't just tell me over the phone!? Anyway, my TSH is elevated! This has never been up before, I called TFC to check it against my recent bloods but they didn't test my hormone levels on initial consult July. My last recorded TSH level was in 2012. It's only borderline (I think) 4.7?? Dr said it's possible with me being run down it has affected my thyroid & could return to normal next month, which is when I have to retest. But where does that leave me? Should I do a FET next month? Anyone else got thyroid dysfunction? How does it impact IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just seen the posts regarding bulk billed IVF. $37 for script?? All the injections, crinone etc etc. wow! That's awesome. Desp to hear the breakdown! Roll on 22/9 (my birthday) ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So exciting ngaiz fx for sticky bubba. Pap hypothyroidism causes infertility but shouldn't effect ivf ive been told. 4.7 thats not to bad really but Ask them to test for hashimotto's as this is what causes this disease. If you ha e this then its not just a virus and will need close monitoring once your pregnant for bub. Also if you were tested post night shift pap it would cause this number. Mine is 9 post nights but normal post days. Im medicated though. If you have any other q"s please ask ive had this for about 20 yrs now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks infinity. I was aware that it affected fertility, but not quite how exactly?? My levels were never an issue before, I don't think?? Now that I'm trying to recall.. it is possible they were mildly elevated when I initially got tested then came good??? Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disorder is it not? Does it require steroids?? The doctor said recent ill health may have triggered it and it may right itself (fingers crossed). I'll have TSH + T3 + T4 antibodies checked next month. I'm just not sure if I should proceed with a FET until I know one way or the other. Could a suboptimal TSH/ hypothyroidism affect my ability to become pregnant (using my already fertilised eggs) or result in miscarriage?
    I've always predicted I had a luteal phase disorder (shortened Luteal phase), I dont ovulate until quite late in the cycle, yet period is always between 28-30 days. Who knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't do any night duty last week, got sent home. That's why I went to the doctor. Been calling in sick lots recently and I wanted to firstly rule out any iron deficiency or medical reason for my constant lethargy/ fatigue. I'm pretty certain sleep deprivation and shiftwork is responsible but had to at least be able to say to my boss.. 'I've been to the doctor, I'm run down, not pulling your leg..' because I feel so guilty that I've had a lot of sick leave recently. And my iron stores are low too, but I expected that. I have gained weight recently that I can't shift.. that's worrying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure is an auto immune disease if you have the antibodies from hashimotto's. Otherwise it can Sometimes just show up mildly elevated from cold or flu post night shift excessive stress etc. In other words your body will return to normal. If you have the antibodies then its auto immune disease. Are you otherwise symptomatic of hypothyroidism? Low heart rate low bp low bsl. Dry skin fatigue despite sleep poor wound healing dry skin excessive weight/fluid puffy face and the list goes on. Not sure about steriods have never been mentioned to me only thyroxiene and i do have hashimotto's. Its easily managed either way however another thing to consider on this roller coaster called ivf

11. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm reading your other post it sounds like a maybe..not that im an expert. get tested i say at least then you can manage it. As far at FET goes dr's/ Gp dont know alot about this disease. An endocrinologist would be best.... another bill Maybe you might have one at work you could ask? Just about weather to go ahead with fet or wait til medicated if thats required? Sorry hope im not going on too much

13. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (09-09-2015)