Closed Thread
Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know why they can't just give you a break down of the costs by email or over the phone. I genuinely hate bussiness' that do it this way. I like everything in front of me to make a decision and to have questions ready rather than get all flustered in an appt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it was a private number but the missed call text msg have me a mobile number so i called back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Meshell I just got a call from the bulk billed place (8:20pm). They booked me in for 20/10 with a nurse to get more info. There are costs involved in freezing but she said 'its hundreds not thousands' and PHI will cover the $500 private hosp fees and of course the drugs but I still have a box of puregon and orgalutran.
    This is with life fertility?

I hope I get a call tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without PHI, what does it cost? I have PHI.. but doesn't cover IVF. And tbh, I try not to use it.. I may need to for surgery later, but only then would I consider the excess worth paying. I can't get my head around all this bulk billing/ Medicare/ phi.. stuff. I just want to know, bottom line, what is a cycle going to cost? I wouldn't be interested in freezing again at this stage.
    To me it sounds as though the difference is marginal. It really would need to be more straightforward for me to consider moving. Right now I'm really pi**ed off with Medicare. I need that cheque to pay my outstanding balance. I get really stressed with outstanding bills. And I don't want it to land on my doorstep around the same time as I'm coughing up for the next cycle. This is what may cause me to stop cycling altogether.
    It infuriates me. Never used to be this disorganised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will get up to speed with all the costs and will pass on thr info I get. I will only move across if you dont pay the amounts up front then wait on medicare to refund. Like tfc subsequent cycle is only 700 oop but you cough up 3k to do it. Also in jan the new year clicks over so the safety net resets and I will havr to do a cycle and be out of pocket 2k.
    Im not keen on going to spring hill for appointments but if im only paying $500 im going to give it a crack

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had phi for ivf you know what it covrred? Diddly squat!! I had to buy a nasal spray called synarel. Its used in place of orgalutran in sone methods it cost $100 they covered that. I dont like I have an outstanding bill with tfc also if we dobt have to wait on medicare cheques with new clinic maybe we can do back to back cycles?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, if it was just $500.. no extra (freezing aside) and no waiting for cheques etc would defo be worth it. I'm going to call Medicare today. Changed address a few months ago, and not sure I updated them. I thought I had but who knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully my cheques arrive soon so I can get my darn refund

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking when I do my cycle to pay the full $6k then I don't need to wait for the Medicare cheque to start my next cycle is that right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily. Sometimes thry also like you to have a month off to allow body to setyle after drugs. I would confirm with them first