Closed Thread
Page 37 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I misunderstood your question.
    It's the same cost to freeze wether you have 1 embryo or 10.

So I guess you have to weigh up wether you would be happy to freeze 2/3 embies (if that's all that's left over after transfer) or if you'd prefer to keep doing fresh.
    The costs were slightly lower when we were going through all this previously.. and tbh, we never really thought it through properly. That said, if do the same again.. I couldn't bin 5 good quality embryos.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Papillon For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wont be freezing less than 3 Pap. Financially, it just isn't worth it to freeze but the thought of EPU makes me want to vomit, I am so anxious it's ridiculous. My first two weren't so bad but the last one I became tachycardic and they had to stop while they got my HR under control. Dh keeps telling me it will be ok........easy for him to say, grrrr, haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow. Was it more painful or were you just very anxious?? I was always so spaced out during those pick ups. I'm such a lightweight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just one of those unfortunate people that doesn't metabolise analgesia very well (or spinal blocks haha). Although, the post c-section Targin was great. I also had a heck of a lot more follicles last time (around 30). The first one was a bit ouchie and the second was a breeze, literally felt nothing even right they got 14 mature eggs. I just wanna get in and get out tomorrow then go to the Kiwi cafe across the road and pig out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #4

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    I have 3 remaining. 5 frozen from a fresh cycle, one of which was a successful pregnancy, one failed cycle last month. Same cost every time after initial cycle in the financial year which is $1645 out of pocket.
    There's fee's involved for the initial freezing of embryos (if you choose to freeze) I'm not sure how much that costs off the top of my head.. and I pay around $200-$300 every 6 months. I don't really keep tabs.

I couldn't discard 5 good embryos, less than 3 and I wouldn't have frozen. We have decided on 1 more FET, if it fails.. I'll have another laparoscopy before going back to use the remaining embryos. And I'll request a double transfer.

Shelby I'm not sure, every case is different. All you can do is ask. If it's a fresh cycle and your >35 then I can't see them having issue with it. You have 2 children already?? How old are they? I'm not sure how much previous IUI/IVF done elsewhere is considered.

Edit to add: how many clomid cycles have you done? And when was the last?? I wasn't keen to stay on it for more than 3 months due to it affecting my lining.
    My boys are 1 and 4

This will be my 7th and last month on clomid πŸ˜• so over it!!!

Thank you for all that info ☺️

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, your youngest little one is similar in age to ours. Was he a result of IUI/IVF? 2 boys.. you must be pretty fit running around after them lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm just one of those unfortunate people that doesn't metabolise analgesia very well (or spinal blocks haha). Although, the post c-section Targin was great. I also had a heck of a lot more follicles last time (around 30). The first one was a bit ouchie and the second was a breeze, literally felt nothing even right they got 14 mature eggs. I just wanna get in and get out tomorrow then go to the Kiwi cafe across the road and pig out.
    Seriously? Pig out after pick-up!? I'd be ready for bed. In saying that.. my last 2 pick-ups were post night duty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yip! I've gone to coffee club previously and had Eggs Benedict or a big breaky haha. I also have 10mg Endone, 15mg Diaz and 2 Panadeine Ft haha. I sound like a junkie :-/ The cocktail kicks in after epu so I'm good for a nap after an hour once I've eaten and got home. I know my experience is extremely rare so I don't wanna scare anyone.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 07-09-2015 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the entonox works brilliantly. I remember all 3 of my pick ups in great detail. The second was the most painful. But when I say painful.. not unbearably so, it really stings, that's the best way I can describe it. And in the moment in my head I'm like "please be over soon, please be over soon" and then the nurses say "breathe.." and I'm reminded to suck on the entonox and I'm ok. It's all over so quickly. I'd take that over a GA any day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Oh wow, your youngest little one is similar in age to ours. Was he a result of IUI/IVF? 2 boys.. you must be pretty fit running around after them lol.
    Ds1 was all natural took just 3 months, ds2 was 4th month of clomid.

I have a athletic build.

Never done IUI or IVF before. This cycle will be my first IUI ever.