Closed Thread
Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't find a number on the website so I downloaded the form and it was on there. It is the same number as Life though. I think the nurse is called Susie?? I was going to call back tomorrow when she was in but probably not a good idea when I'm high after my epu cocktail. The receptionist couldn't answer a single question about the pricing structure or what private health covered so don't waste your time today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Did you call life clinic?? Im going to call them im getting rather impatient. I started af on Saturday crinone managed to keep it away surprisingly enough. I will cycle again as soon as af shows hopefully it could be with new clinic if not I will go back through tfc.
    I'm happy to go back through TFC at $700 but I def wont be freezing if somewhere else offers it for free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will speak with this clinic to make an appointment and make my decision from there I prefer to stay with the fertility centre as they have all my info I dont want to waste time having it done again and building a relationship with these new guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fx for you ngaiz is it tomorrow epu? I agree with no freezing as it costs so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Called life got same info as you. Have to email to get an appointment. And wait for them to get back to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got major hang ups re: body hair. I'm very pale skinned & have very dark body hair. My legs are shocking! I rarely wear skirts/ shorts and am always whinge about how 'white' my legs are, it's a vicious circle. Waxing only gives me about a week of relatively smooth legs. I've had a tattoo removed under laser, and due to my skin tone it worked fantastic.. hair removal works on the same premis & I have been advised I can expect similar results as with tattoo removal. Unfortunately the hormonal affects of Breastfeeding & pregnancy work against the treatment & it is less likely to be effective during 😔

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Papillon For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm happy to go back through TFC at $700 but I def wont be freezing if somewhere else offers it for free.
    $943 out of pocket using my frozen embryos & not doing any drugs kinda sucks.. and that's not including what I'm paying for storage. If it works, then fantastic.. but I'll most likely have to look elsewhere too if it turns out to be cheaper.
    I can't write these embryos off though, I got William from the same batch, all top graded embies, so I have to keep coughing up $943 to return my embies home to my uterus until they're gone. Gah assisted repro sucks! I guess on a positive note the cycle is easier on the body, just makes the cost a bit hard to swallow though.
    Good luck Ngaiz. Will be thinking of you.x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Papillon For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    $943 out of pocket using my frozen embryos & not doing any drugs kinda sucks.. and that's not including what I'm paying for storage. If it works, then fantastic.. but I'll most likely have to look elsewhere too if it turns out to be cheaper.
    I can't write these embryos off though, I got William from the same batch, all top graded embies, so I have to keep coughing up $943 to return my embies home to my uterus until they're gone. Gah assisted repro sucks! I guess on a positive note the cycle is easier on the body, just makes the cost a bit hard to swallow though.
    Good luck Ngaiz. Will be thinking of you.x
    How many embryos have you got frozen? Does it cost the same no matter how many you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the chances of getting two embryos put back in on my first round of IVF, I have unexplained fertility.....so frustrating. Nothing wrong but now I think all this clomid has thinned my lining.

Will have a break the next few months after this round of IUI to give my body a rest and hopefully my lining.

Have my first/nurses appointment with TFC on the 21 October to get all the initial stuff done I want to get everything done this year so we can get already to start IVF in January.

I'm also looking into bulk billed IVF with Life but emailing though my registration forms etc I keep getting not sent as their mailbox is full. Just want to see about price since I'm already a patient of Dr Sterlings.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #4

Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    How many embryos have you got frozen? Does it cost the same no matter how many you have?
    I have 3 remaining. 5 frozen from a fresh cycle, one of which was a successful pregnancy, one failed cycle last month. Same cost every time after initial cycle in the financial year which is $1645 out of pocket.
    There's fee's involved for the initial freezing of embryos (if you choose to freeze) I'm not sure how much that costs off the top of my head.. and I pay around $200-$300 every 6 months. I don't really keep tabs.

I couldn't discard 5 good embryos, less than 3 and I wouldn't have frozen. We have decided on 1 more FET, if it fails.. I'll have another laparoscopy before going back to use the remaining embryos. And I'll request a double transfer.

Shelby I'm not sure, every case is different. All you can do is ask. If it's a fresh cycle and your >35 then I can't see them having issue with it. You have 2 children already?? How old are they? I'm not sure how much previous IUI/IVF done elsewhere is considered.

Edit to add: how many clomid cycles have you done? And when was the last?? I wasn't keen to stay on it for more than 3 months due to it affecting my lining.
    Last edited by Papillon; 07-09-2015 at 17:25.