Closed Thread
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to school with a girl who conceived quins with injectables n timed intercourse. She had selective reduction then lost her twins at 23 weeks she then conceived another set of twins and lost them around the same time. Incompetent cervix. Though I know her story all too well and cant imagine her heartache for some reason all the negatives get pushed far from my mind. Ive been told im a sitting duck for twins. And I did struggle with thinking how would it affect our family if I was in hospital for lengthy stays etc. Sometimes I need reminding of the risks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really admire you ladies and the work you do in hospitals. Im such an emotional wreck I couldnt switch off enough to handle that line of work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done it again. Up WAY past bedtime. Early start tomor .
    Your customer will give me nightmares Meshell.. imagine if both embryos split!!? Quads!!!!
    Night ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha. 3 boys they are currently going through a biting phase where they are biting each other. The identicals are nice and child but the baby that was the other egg is a wild one has his own room other wise when he wakes up his brothers all hours of night.
    Night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When they agreed to my x2 on tuesday they said they are changing the policy to two only if you are 38 im not quite there yet. Its currently 36. This is the main reason I came to this clinic as none of my single transfers have implanted. I think you should be able to choose if you are educated in the risks. Id be ok with twins but totaly freaked out with triplets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though I know the risks all to well it's still a risk I would consider. Don't admire me, I work in the pharmacy, just dishing out the druuuuggss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive caved and im going for bt now. I need to be put out of my misery

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #4

It's not just the risks involved to us or potential babies, there's the costs involved to care for and treat complications, nicu beds etc, it's a huge burden on the healthcare system and the clinic has a civic duty to adhere to strict guidelines to prevent such crisis' occurring. We're too emotionally invested to always make a sound judgement.

Good luck Meshell
    Last edited by Papillon; 03-09-2015 at 10:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fx mesh at least you will know today good luck. Too true pap its a huge risk.... a risk im willing to take as i truly believe ill be lucky to even get 1 to stick with my hx i too am in health but i dont see as much with multiples as you pap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooft, I don't work with babies. God no, they terrify me. Had 1 today.. we get the occasional one that slips through the net as people don't realise we're an adult emergency dept.. and of course we get the odd labouring woman involved in trauma or progressing too quickly to make it to birth suite. That's about as much involvement as we get with children.
    That said we do get a lot of early pregnancy stuff, miscarriage etc and the odd established pregnancy concern if the woman's symptoms are serious enough and the obs are not happy for them to be seen at clinic.
    We're seeing more and more OHSS cases and complications arising from IVF though, which I find infuriating. These women pay thousands of dollars for private IVF only to get dumped onto the public system when things go wrong.