Closed Thread
Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #4

Hi bethy, it's great to hear from you! 8 months, how time has flown!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy isn't it!
    How busy is the clinic now? Does anyone know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    I hope you don't mind me joining your thread. I'm current a patient at QFG (with Wazza) and he has given me a referral for to do IVF at The Fertility Centre Springwood - at first I was a little worried about their processes but the price is just too good not to at least give it a shot. I've been TTC for 16 months. With warren I have done 1 injectables cycle (BFN) and 2 IUI cycles with injectables (both BFN). I'm giving IUI one more chance before IVF. After reading some of your posts I think I might ring the IVF clinic today and book an appointment just to get the ball rolling. I'm excited and nervous to start IVF - this whole journey has been such a battle emotionally and each month its only getting harder to cope with ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome incogbaby
    Sorry for the slow reply its definitely slowed down in here! I think we would all recommend going to tfc if you are able, they are great there and really look after you I got my bfp from them and so did countless others, i hope they were able to fit you in fairly quickly, i wish you all the best for your future cycles xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

incogbaby  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi incogbaby
    TFC are definitely worth a shot. Prices are great, procedures not too bad actually I expected egg pick up to be terrible but I found it easier than I thought. Good luck!

I'm now 29wks and can't wait to meet my little princess

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (30-03-2016),incogbaby  (21-11-2014),mrsmac123  (06-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi, this was the main TFC thread I could find.

I started my first IVF cycle in September and am now 5 weeks pregnant! Had my second BT today and levels are great - HCG 5774 πŸ˜†

I really wanted to say on here that the team at TFC Springwood are fantastic - and I couldn't be happier. I have PCOS and didn't respond very well to the gonal f / orgalutran - I even bled at one stage. In the beginning what they though could be a follicle ended up being an inflamed existing cyst.. It really felt like our first cycle would be cancelled (as we sort of expected and kept telling ourselves just incase)
    Amazingly the team decided to persevere, my drugs were increased and I produced a good follicle! Just the one though. They allowed me to go to egg pick up on day 20 and we retrieved one egg. The procedure was so much easier than expected, and I was lucky to experience little to no pain afterwards. 7 minutes in and out! It shocked me how quick it was.

Our one egg fertilised well, and we had our transfer 2 days later.

Again, I'm now pregnant! If it wasn't for the team at TFC pushing me through and persevering with my cycle we would be looking forward to our next cycle now (maybe with a worse response who knows?!)

Anyone considering this clinic - make the call! I can't recommend it enough and no matter what happens now they have really given us the best chance we've ever had before at starting the family we've dreamed about for years.

Thanks πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™πŸ’—

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

incogbaby  (21-11-2014),Ngaiz  (25-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay I responded to this yesterday but it didn't seem to work so I will try again.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post your stories and congratulations on all your BFPs!! Sorry I it's taken a while for to respond, I have been a little down lately so I haven't really been social with this type of stuff.

I finally had my first appointment with TFC nurse on Thursday. Hubby didn't attend so I have to wait for him to have his bloods taken before going back for the meeting with the Doctor early December.

It's good to hear all your feedback regarding the egg pick up as that is the part that I am the most anxious about. I don't like the idea of being awake but the nurse assured me that I will be fine.

JayBu84 I have PCOS too. I tried three rounds of IUI already with no success. Did you try any other treatments prior to IVF??

Reading all your stories has given me so much hope. I am now cautiously confident about moving onto IVF ... lets hope in a few months time I can also post to this thread advising of a BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi incogbaby 😊

The only thing I tried prior to IVF was Clomid for 6-8months with no success. When we were talking about other options and started looking into it all my mum actually found TFC and hearing how much cheaper it was we figured it was worth just going to them first.

After meeting with them we just decided to go for it - I didn't want to wait too much longer with other procedures because I'm 30 and wanted the best chance for good quality eggs (and also just incase it took years as it can do).

I'm glad now that we didn't try IUI because I honestly believe my issue was ovulation - getting the egg from the ovary was the hurdle - once that part was taken out of our hands everything else has gone like clockwork (touch wood!) and I'm almost 12 weeks now. We did IVF, not ICSI where they inject the sperm into the egg - IVF the sperm is just put in with the egg and they do their thing there instead.

Good luck with your IVF journey! If you need someone to talk to definitely just yell out πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaybu84 - I am 30 too (well turning 30 in a couple of weeks), hubby is 36 so I am also feeling the time pressures.

I honestly thought the IUIs would work for me. I seem to be able to produce follies but who knows if those follies contain quality eggs, or even contain eggs at all. IVF seems to be the answer for me and I wish I considered it earlier (it was all a bit daunting and overwhelming to be honest).

Hubby had his bloods done today so we are all ready for the appointment with the fertility doctor on the 5th December - seems so far away - I wish I could speed up the process a little!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that's exciting! 5th December πŸ˜†
    Don't worry - once you have the appointment with the doctor it all happens pretty quickly. The cycle on the hormones can't go longer than (I think) 28 days with TFC and depending on when your last period was you may only need to wait a short time before starting them.

I honestly can't remember the exact timeline I had but our first appointment with the nurse was end of June and then it's kind of a blur haha but I finished my cycle end of September (and mine went long I had collection on day 21).

So I guess for me it was over 4 months really - but that felt like weeks at the time. It really went quickly, specially once I started the hormone side of things because you inject each day and then have a scan/blood test every second day (or a bit longer if over weekends etc) so because you're constantly having checks and getting same day results the time flies.

My advice - go out a few times before now before you start. Enjoy a bottle of wine or three, and just have fun couple times. Who knows if it works well it could be your last chance for 9 months! Haha 😊