+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Can I join? am waiting for the inevitable af to arrive so I can start the pill then go into our first IVF cycle (ttc2 for 2 years...7 or so chemicals...immune issues and DOR)

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    I hope everyone is going well - both those with BFPs, and those waiting to start the next cycles.

We have finally bitten the bullet and made appointments to have consults with other clinics so I'm currently psyching myself up for the "switch".

Our plan was to transfer our 1 frozen embryo first to see how that went and then switch if unsuccessful. We've had to wait 3 months to see our FS and I was finally getting that appointment next week but my grandmother passed and her funeral falls at the same time. When I rang to see if I could get a reschedule they said no - back to the bottom of the waiting list.

So I'm taking this as a "sign"! I've already got some appointments booked with FS at other clinics. They're well before I can get in to see my current FS. Feeling a bit scared but hoping this is all 'meant to be'.
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

But yes, I do believe some things happen for a reason. I had a similar thing where I randomly got an appointment with a new FS (cancellation) a week before seeing my usual FS, and he found a few really important things wrong with me, that can now be treated, and that the other FS didn't test for.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Can I join? am waiting for the inevitable af to arrive so I can start the pill then go into our first IVF cycle (ttc2 for 2 years...7 or so chemicals...immune issues and DOR)

Looking forward to getting to know you all
    Hello @Patience86 and welcome! Wishing you all the very best on the start of your journey. As much as I hate the needles and the side effects the waiting around doing nothing is definitely one of the worst parts for me.

I hope you find this forum as valuable as I have. It's nice to be able to talk and ask the questions that you just can't ask anyone else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffie For This Useful Post:

Patience86  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Buffie: did u try to pm me? My mailbox is cleared now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Buffie! Yes, there does seem to be a lot of waiting. Very frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I know this thread has gone quiet and many of you are on fb instead but I just thought I'd share an update with you all.

We had a second fresh IVF/ICSI cycle in July after 3 failed transfers... this time we only got 3 eggs (we had 9 the first time around), 2 fertilised and only one made it to blastocyst stage... but as many people have said before, it only takes one! it was so exciting to see a positive poas for the first time ever and i'm happy to say we're currently 14w6d pregnant with a baby girl (we had the harmony test done)

hope everyone else is travelling well, those expecting are feeling ok and those still ttc are keeping positive and looking after themselves

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loulabubble For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (29-10-2015),Excited1  (29-10-2015),Nezz79  (29-10-2015),PinkPopsicle  (29-10-2015),Sharlie  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - sounds like most have moved on to a different forum, but I'm new to Perth (and Australia!) and posting in a few places in the hopes of getting some info.

Recurrent losses and thought we were ready to give up, but just found high anti-cardiolipin antibodies and want to get tested for NKC, and looked at intralipids or clexane...not sure which is best for what or where to get started.

I've booked with Dr Saba for later this week. We have private health insurance for another 5 months and then have to purchase our own, and on a 457 visa so not eligible for medicare. (is it worth trying for PR? Does medicare cover much of anything?) Seems like there are mixed reviews with Dr Saba....are there any other recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @islandmonkey: be aware that most drs in Perth are very conservative about immune protocol. I was with a dr in Sydney. My protocol includes clexane, prednisolone, high dose progesterone (standard IVF anyway) and intralipid.

As for PR, yes, it is absolutely a MUST if you plan to have a baby here in Australia. It covers IVF a lot. Private health has its limit. Also, be aware that priv health has 12 month waiting period for IVF and pregnancy related service. Make sure that you are on the right cover. I was on 457 and put on the wrong priv health plan, which covered pregnancy related service but no IVF.

If you are looking into intralipid here in perth, the choices are limited. Dr Saba has its priv practice. He isn't associated with any fertility clinic so he takes all patients. The freq for intralipid is somewhat different than the immunologist (DrM from sydney). Note that intralipid doesn't attract medicare and priv heath rebate. It is $650 per dose + hospital admission. If you want to know Dr who does intralipid and IVF here, PM me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

islandmonkey  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the info bbhope. Unfortunately I can't PM yet, I think I need to have 5 comments or something?

I'm not sure if we'll be doing IVF again, might try just IUI while we have private coverage. It's excellent coverage, but it's only for the first year while we're here and then we have to buy our own coverage. (required to be covered for the first year by the sponsoring company)

I know we're covered 100% for hospital but wouldn't be for the intralipids (although depends on whether it's classed as fertility treatments or not).

Would clexane be a better bet anyway? I notice that you're on both - obviously there's no interaction or issue there?

Sorry for the million questions, this is so new to me, and it's tough navigating a new country's medical system! Although compared to Canada I can't believe how quickly you can get in everywhere, which is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clexane and intralipid does different thing. Clexane for blood clot. Intralipid deals with Nk cell.

Priv insurance will only pay items that's able to get rebate from Medicare. Since intralipid has no MBS item number, priv health won't cover. I have both priv health and Medicare.

If you have to buy your own priv health, make sure IVF is over.