+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome caketin! Very exciting times starting your cycle, look forward to following your journey!

Wow Buffie... I don't know a lot about the embryo side of things, but even if the answer is "nothing really" you would expect a more indepth response 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Buffie, I'd be reluctant to go through an op if the clinic can't give you a satisfactory answer about your embryos. I think if I were in your shoes I'd get a second opinion from another clinic before agreeing. I had a laparoscopy and HSG before my very first round of IVF. Not sure if you've had a lap done before but it's not a very pleasant experience (I was in quite a lot of pain for a couple of days afterwards and needed a week off work) and in my case, I don't think it helped at all as I didn't fall pregnant til my third round of IVF, which took place a year after that op. They did find endo when I had my lap done but even knowing that, I think if I could go back and redo things, I'd decline the operation now. I just think that given we knew we had to do IVF anyway (due to MFI) it doesn't matter if I had a blocked tube etc because the IVF would get around that anyway. Also, if you don't have a lot of faith in your clinic, I wouldn't want my doctor from that same clinic operating on me if I didn't trust him either! Good luck with your decision

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Buffie  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Buffie: PM you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Buffie  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried to PM you @bbhope and your mailbox is full 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just cleaned up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @caketin and @Hilton04 I hope your cycles are going well!

Wanted to update everyone that, after discussing with DH, we actually decided to go ahead with lap, hysteroscopy and D&C. It felt like we may be giving it a last shot at having a bio child, before moving to donor options, so wanted know we have tried everything we could. I also felt more comfortable with the idea of having it here rather than interstate later down the track (where we will need to go for other services).

Surgeon actually found a spot of endo which was removed, did not find blockages, uterus was looking good apparently. Feeling like I got hit by a truck right now but also feeling relieved that part is done and over with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    @caketin and @Hilton04 I hope your cycles are going well!

Wanted to update everyone that, after discussing with DH, we actually decided to go ahead with lap, hysteroscopy and D&C. It felt like we may be giving it a last shot at having a bio child, before moving to donor options, so wanted know we have tried everything we could. I also felt more comfortable with the idea of having it here rather than interstate later down the track (where we will need to go for other services).

Surgeon actually found a spot of endo which was removed, did not find blockages, uterus was looking good apparently. Feeling like I got hit by a truck right now but also feeling relieved that part is done and over with.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you @Buffie

I'm currently PUPO and in my 2ww with a beautiful looking hatching blastocyst. My BT is next Saturday. We managed to also freeze 3 blastocysts.

Had a fairly good cycle, 19 large follicle with 13 eggs retrieved. They were about to ICSI 11 of them and 7 fertilised. All 7 made it to day 5 were they chose the best one to transfer and monitored the others for the freeze. 3 of them were fragmented so they decided to not freeze those ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    I've got my fingers crossed for you @Buffie

I'm currently PUPO and in my 2ww with a beautiful looking hatching blastocyst. My BT is next Saturday. We managed to also freeze 3 blastocysts.
    Wonderful update to read - I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like good news caketin.

Buffie: yes it is so important to know that you have tried your best before moving onto donor. Who knows. It might just do the magic this time. I did that for my last shot and no regret.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Buffie  (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I got my BFP on Saturday 😊 over the moon but still in disbelief!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Nezz79  (20-07-2015)