*fingers crossed*

Take it easy today and good luck for hearing how things go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out our first IVF attempt didn't work! 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Littlegem oh I'm sorry to hear that 😦 I hope you are okay and be kind to yourself.

Do you have any frosties?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that @Little gem no matter how you prepare for it it is devastating!

A quick update from me. Might give some others hope. We had May off after our failed fresh transfer before planning to start our first FET transfer. But after 2.5 years of trying we got pregnant naturally. At the moment we are waiting to see if it becomes a viable pregnancy (our first scan only showed a gestational sac) so hoping we were just a bit early. Makes me feel hopeful that even if it isn't our time it will happen, eventually! I have learnt that even 2.5 years of trying to conceive has not helped me become more patient!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, sorry to barge in but has anyone used Dr Nathan Francis before? Located in mount pleasant. My naturopath recommended him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    @Littlegem oh I'm sorry to hear that 😦 I hope you are okay and be kind to yourself.

Do you have any frosties?
    Thanks for your kind words guys, this week has been one of the hardest weeks I think I've ever had to deal with, with one thing or another..... But as the old saying goes.... What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger 💞💞

We have 6 frosties, so after a break, giving my body a rest, we will be trying again. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys - Just checking in with you all - This has been a loooong cycle so I never know when to give people updates because it either changes each day or nothing happens at all!

@Littlegem I am sorry to hear this news. Take advantage of your break, it is nice not to feel so cruddy for a bit!

Well the last cycle messed with my system so my ovulation was delayed by 3 weeks but things finally got going! I did a long down reg cycle and had my 3rd EPU a week ago. I managed well. 17 eggs collected. Used ICSI. 12 of them fertilized. 2 made it to blast so 1 was transferred on Wednesday and am currently in the 2WW. Taking Clexane injections now to fend off any potential OHSS.

Holy lord I was so happy when the lab called me on Day 6 and advised the 1 remaining was suitable to freeze. We have never had an embryo get that far. It's always crushing to sit in the cubicle and hear women complain about "only" having 3 or 4 embryos left to freeze when you haven't had ANY make it so this news has made me very happy!!!

Best wishes to all of you cycling or waiting right now.
    Last edited by Buffie; 13-06-2015 at 22:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Buffie congratulations on having one to freeze!! but also you won't need it for a while!
    @Little gem to have 6 frozen is great news (though not needing them would always be what we want!). Take care of yourself over the break!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default After some recommendations

Hi All,

I have been burying my head in the sand for the last year after our last failure...I have had 5 cycles with 5 negatives. Just turned 37. I'm gearing up for another cycle....possibly my last and just thinking about changing clinics. I've been told I'm a numbers game by my old clinic. Nothing wrong, just a numbers game as to whether I will get pregnant.

I will be doing a complete 3 month diet to loose my excess weight from the IVF's and resulting depression (about 20kgs) before I move forward. I want to go sifar and alcohol free to give me the best chance and want a recommendation for a new doctor and clinic.

I loved my last clinic and nurses/doctors etc (FSS) but need Someone who is not afraid to be a bit radical or different as this may be my last shot. I don't think my heart can take anymore, or my mental health ������
    Last edited by brookeb; 20-06-2015 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeb View Post
    Hi All,

I have been burying my head in the sand for the last year after our last failure...I have had 5 cycles with 5 negatives. Just turned 37. I'm gearing up for another cycle....possibly my last and just thinking about changing clinics. I've been told I'm a numbers game by my old clinic. Nothing wrong, just a numbers game as to whether I will get pregnant.

I will be doing a complete 3 month diet to loose my excess weight from the IVF's and resulting depression (about 20kgs) before I move forward. I want to go sifar and alcohol free to give me the best chance and want a recommendation for a new doctor and clinic.

I loved my last clinic and nurses/doctors etc (FSS) but need Someone who is not afraid to be a bit radical or different as this may be my last shot. I don't think my heart can take anymore, or my mental health ������
    Hi @brookeb

Im sorry to hear you've been through so much pain. I can completely understand. On Thursday night we found out our 3rd ICSI cycle failed and I'm sick of the feelng of failure. I've spent the last 3 days in bed sobbing, and cancelled all plans this weekend because seeing our pregnant friends and friends with babies is like a slap in the face right now.

We now have 1 frozen embryo but after attempting a transfer with that we will be changing clinics. I too am sick of hearing things like 'it's a numbers game' and 'we've transferred a beautiful embryo so we just have to cross our fingers'. Sorry but when I'm spending $10,000 a pop I want some science applied to our case, not finger crossing.

We have decided to go to an Eastern States clinic because I am not confident with the services offered by many of these Perth clinics - I get the feeling their success rates are based in standardised cases, and even feel like our current clinic want us out the door because we're messing with their stats.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffie For This Useful Post:

brookeb  (21-06-2015)