+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    Nubie here, very confused and needs your help. Me and hubby been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years and I never gotten pregnant once. Not sure where the problem lies since we never run any tests.

Ii'm considering IVF or FET after reading the (very long) threads here but afraid of the total cost. Does anyone know the total out of pocket cost for IVF and FET from beginning until the end of each cycle at Concept and Hollywood?

I sent them email asking about this but the holllywood one asked me to come first, discuss, run some tests, decide which treatment then they'll tell me about the cost. Concept hasn't reply yet. I really prefer to know beforehand whether we could afford it or not.

Any advice will be greatly appriciated

Love,
    Sasa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Sasa86. Costs vary between clinics. I haven't been to concept or Hollywood but as a guide, a fresh ivf cycle costs somewhere in the vicinity of $8-9k upfront, but you do get a significant proportion of that back from medicare. FET cycles (which you can only do if you end up with embryos to freeze after a fresh cycle) are a lot cheaper. But it depends on your particular issues. Your doctor might suggest that Ovulation induction or iui is the best course of action for you to start with, and both of these are significantly cheaper and less invasive than ivf. It's really impossible to say until you get all the tests done and know exactly what you are dealing with though. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Sasa86  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sasa I can send you a copy of Hollywood fees but they do change etc. As a guide there upfront ivf is $7600ish as of November 2014.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Sasa86  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd very highly recommend Hollywood also and don't let the cost scare you off as the rebates are really very good. I have 2 children through them and have had nothing but amazing service

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Sasa86  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sasa86 I agree with @Pinkposicle I am at Hollywood and I love it! I am having an FET tom which is $2600, not sure how much we get back... But I too have always had great service and have never waited more than 10mins through this cycle for a blood test or scan. I see Dr Brett but I also love Dr Mike Allen. Actually all the FS there are awesome.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

Sasa86  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Excited1 View Post
    @Sasa86 I agree with @Pinkposicle I am at Hollywood and I love it! I am having an FET tom which is $2600, not sure how much we get back... But I too have always had great service and have never waited more than 10mins through this cycle for a blood test or scan. I see Dr Brett but I also love Dr Mike Allen. Actually all the FS there are awesome.
    Ive just had a fet and if that $2600 I was oop $1050 (I suspect I just reached the safety net)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Concept

I too am doing standard at concept. So far they have been great, really helpful. My dr is Keith Artley. I start my drugs Sunday. The reason we are doing ivf is my husband had a vasectomy, he has 4 beautiful kids. I have no known issues and my amh is good so he said we were eligible for standard. Just have to see how it goes I guess. I'm fully expecting it not to work first go the upside if that happens is I will get to drink cocktails on my holiday in April :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! I'm a newbie, just got my referral today and have scanned through your posts, wow there's a lot of them! Magdalene my situation is very similar to yours, my partner has 4 teenage children from his first marriage, and had a reversal last feb, after 15 years. He has a count of 15 million which is fab! But no luck so far, so I'm calling in the morning to make an appointment at Pivet, hopefully with Dr Yovich. If anyone has seen him I'd love your opinion! So nice to "meet" you all, and looking forward to some great outcomes on your journies! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Brooke I have 4 teenage step children also, we know what is in store hehe. My husband had his vasectomy 13 years ago. We didn't try the reversal just went straight to this. Good luck to you also :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we sure do! I wonder whether we made the right decision having the reversal, I guess like anything we can only go on the best advice we are given. As a positive we now have sperm "on tap" though I do feel we have wasted 11 months trying naturally. We have an appointment with Dr Rowlands on 17th Feb, bring on the onslaught of tests huh?! xx