+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Calling all Perth girls #20

I am not sure if @babygirl is still active on this forum. If I remember correctly, she did the reduced cost, standard ivf with concept last time. Had a chemical preg which could have been prevented from the start.

Standard IVF is for non complicated and straight forward ivf. I don't know the procedure but they don't do assistance hatching and culture the embies to blast. Long down regulate cycle only. Basically, not customised to individual. I am not sure if that means u will just do EPU and transfer with whichever FS is on call rather than a specific one. Not that I am eligible but having been on few ivf cycles, I would rather pay more to get blast embies and a take home baby. But if you are healthy and no complication, I think a standard ivf might be just all you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I tried the health kick... 6 months later still no kg changes lol oops
    lol i'm sure you got other benefits out of it :-) I have a bit to lose so it falls off easily at the start. mightn't be so easy after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Koko28 i think it really depends on your circumstances as to whether it would be of benefit to you. if your fs is likely to apply the same protocl anyway then why not, but if you need a different protocol based on your circumstances then the low cost option wouldn't be of any use. plus cycles can change as you go and i'm not sure the low cost option would have the flexibility to do that, which could lead to cancelled cycles or having to do more cycles and ultimately costing you more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Koko28 I have gone down the standard route and think it's fab 😊 saved us so much $$ we have always had our FS with every appointment and procedure. If your FS recommends it, then I don't see a problem. I highly recommend concept they have all been wonderful.

Sadly our IVF ended with a BFN but not due to standard protocol. On a good note we did end up with 10 three day frosties 😊

Only 9 frosties left as we are PUPO today so fingers crossed we get good news in 2 weeks. They said our Embryo thawed really well and compacted

Good luck everyone

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IVFonly For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (27-01-2015),Koko28  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Koko28: talk to your FS and see what he thinks. If he thinks the standard protocol suits you, then you can consider to give it a try. As I said, the down side is that they only transfer 3 days and freeze 3 days embies. My clinic doesn't even freeze 3 days embies at all (most clinics don't). For a cycle, half of the embies don't make it to blast. If you have 10 to freeze like @IVFonly, you better hope that one of the earlier transferred ones is the one. Otherwise, you would be paying many FET cycles, which would be costing more than a full proper cycle that gives you the best chance of achieving pregnancy. Good luck for your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loulabubble View Post
    lol i'm sure you got other benefits out of it :-) I have a bit to lose so it falls off easily at the start. mightn't be so easy after that.
    No I just lose motivation lol.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Perth Ladies

Sorry I have been MIA, how are we all?

Going to read back x

I've been busy with new job and all and dealing with m/c. had follow up Appt with FS last week and more bad news. Been referred for operation to remove Fallopian tubes due to the hydrosalpinx. haven't quite got my head around it. But guessing I'm off the ivf wagon for about 12mths by the time get a op date etc. we still have 3 snow babies waiting. so in the mean time need to refocus my mind and get right into my weightloss I guess xo

Been thinking of you all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Can someone explain this low cost ivf to me please??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Bubbles1984

I was with concept when they introduced the standard ivf. and because I met the criteria I just did a recent EPU via standard. It is a basic ivf. So they only do day 3 transfers. I will pm you x