+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi & hope you're all enjoying your weekends

Got my call from Concept today while I was out bushwalking.. I was literally walking in circles at home waiting for the call and had to get out the house.. Typical I would receive the call while I was out in unreliable phone reception area.. I ran so fast back home to return their call..

So, my baseline is all normal and the nurse wanted to start me tonight on Gonal F injections which would have meant we would have had to be in Perth this Thursday for day 6 US but due to AF arriving early it was just not going to happen (due to travel and work) so we decided to start my injections tomorrow and be in Perth on Friday for day 6 US. I didn't want this decision to affect the outcome but I didn't really have any choice and the nurse didn't seem it would be a big deal starting on day 3 , instead of day 2.

I feel strangely calm but it alternates with feeling anxious , scared.. there's a little excitement there. I am now trying to sort out accomodation in Perth. I am allowing 14 days from the first day 6 ultrasound, hopefully that's enough time.. I had so many questions for the nurse I forgot to ask her if she thought that was enough time to allow. So tricky being from the country!

So tomorrow will be the beginning of my first ivf cycle! Can't believe the day is here, I hope I sleep tonight and to think this is just the beginning ! Thanks for reading my thoughts and hope everyone is going ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps.

In preparation of spending two weeks, away from the comfort of my home, in Perth and being a total ivf newbie could you girls suggest things I might need to bring from home, so that I won't have to buy once I'm in Perth.

I'm already thinking..
    Heat pack , essential oils and diffuser, stack of books to read.. Anything else you think I would need and should bring with me? (I'm thinking things that will make the time a little more tolerable, ofcourse I will be bringing meds and other essentials, just incase you thought I was a total idiot!)

Your input would be hugely appreciated.
    Last edited by LunaRose; 25-10-2014 at 20:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi is anyone able to tell me current cost of embryo transfer at Hollywood?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome news @babygirl7 stuff the negative nurse! It's going in the right direction... Good luck for the next BT, will be thinking of you x

@LunaRose its so exciting starting sometimes I think it's easier doing all the injections and scans etc as at least you feel like you are doing something! Good luck for your first cycle.
    @PinkPopsicle are you talking about a fresh or frozen? They cost totally different
    @TeamCarts and @loulabubble BTs are this week aren't they?!? Fingers crossed for you!!
    @MrsTugs how are you going?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frozen. Have finally weaned DD and made an appt today; was grinning for hours afterwards! Excited at trying for another bub :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @LunaRose we start on cd3 at our clinic so I'm sure that will be fine for you.

Afm, had my cd7bt today and numbers were rising nicely so I started centrotide. Monday is bt&scan... Hopefully will get a good idea of when epu will be then so I can work my uni exam around that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy View Post
    The last time I did a natural fet in about February it was around 2500 and about 1500 out of pocket but I believe that the prices have gone up. I haven't asked for my soon to be cycle so can't give you an exact number sorry

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks Mushy, we've reached the safety net already this year so hoping to squeeze it in if possible. Been doing acu and tcm also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @loulabubble so hard isn't it.. The tww. I'm hoping for great news for you next week hun x

@TeamCarts Ohh that sounds nice hun... Glad your enjoyed. Hang in there hun. I know the tww is so crazy. Got everything crossed for you hun x

@MrsTugs glad your plodding along well hun. Good luck for Mondays BT and scan.. EPU shouldn't be too far away then hun... Yay x

@LunaRose yay hun, hope all goes well for 1st jab tomorrow and good luck hun x maybe bring some nice warm socks to wear after transfer hun x

@Excited1 thanks hun and how are you doing? Enjoying your weekend? x

@PinkPopsicle can't help hun, with concept but wishing you good luck for number 2. when's your Appt? will you start cycling this year hun?

Can someone explain the Medicare safety net to me please? Or provide a helpful link? How do I know when I reach the threshold and what happens when you do?

Hope you are all having a great weekend 😘

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are some strong ladies in Perth. To go through something so invasive and be able to remain positive shows a real strength of character. I am hoping this little group will turn into a mothers group in about nine months for everyone!

I have to say I haven't minded giving myself the injections so far. I started Orgalutran on friday- so far so good although I am a bit moody.

Goodluck to you ladies, where ever you are in your cycles. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 thanks heaps for asking I am going ok, having more ups than downs now. Took a while to hit me that not only am I no longer preg but that I was also very sick and had an operation! Saw the FS on wed and he said we could start straight away (if we wanted but not what he advised emotionally) so we think it's better to wait til jan. We finally dtd and it was quite painful internally so can't imagine getting back into IVF even though that's all I want really.

Having an ok weekend thanks, finally went back to work yest for a few hours but didn't see many people as not many people rostered. Monday is what I'm dreading- walking past people wondering how much they know (plus whether they've seen my bits!).

Hoping you have a good weekend taking it easy and keeping that emby snuggled in. X