+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Decisions, decisions teenage boy and phones.

Ds1 (15) birthday is coming up. Do and I have decided to get him a phone on a plan. Now figure out what phone what plan.
    His dream phone is a iPhone 6 (not going to happen unless I win one.)
    I hate Iphones. His dad likes them and he loves them.

He is totally trustworthy when it comes to money. So I am not worried about him going silly on the phone and running up a big bill.

I am with telstra

* I have Samsung note 2 in perfect condition that I could put on a plan wit telstra. Cheapest plan is $45
    I can't find a plan online with them for iPhone 4 or 5.

* iPhone 4 on optus 40 plan with a 5 handset fee.

*iPhone 5 c on a optus 35 plan with a 10 handset fee.

I know jack about I phones.

On my Samsung/telstra I have widget that shows me my data usage and time left in my billing cycle. Is there one for a iPhone/optus.
    He will need to keep a eye on that as I see that would be easiest for him to go over at 500 mb. I have gone over on my 1.5 once.

Any suggestions or help would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey anewme!
    I know you said you wanted one on a plan but (I think) Kogan have some awesome pre-paid, where you get nearly 3gig of data and unlimited calls and text and they have some pretty good deals for phones.
    ETA: For between $35 and $45 and I think it lasts for 3 months.

But as for actual plans, I have no advice. I have a samsung galaxy S4 that I pay $90 p/m for that includes my phone and insurance on it, but tbh it's not worth it and I'm wanting to pay out my contract and switch it to pre-paid because it's so easy to go over the data.

You can request status updates of your phone plan once you hit 1/2 of your data usage and 1/2 of your calls/text usage and the same at 3/4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the latest phones etc but had them on pre paid, I always had that lingering fear of putting them on plans!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about phones or plans but I'd give him a letter like this with it :P

http://www.janellburleyhofmann.com/p.../#.VCQIC4rXfCQ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamonium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
    I'm not sure about phones or plans but I'd give him a letter like this with it :P

http://www.janellburleyhofmann.com/p.../#.VCQIC4rXfCQ
    Love it.

All those rules already apply in our house. And all devices are checked randomly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Ahem*

While I know this bit is none of my business and you also didn't ask for advice on it, I keep meaning to start a thread for everyone on BubHub about it for those who have teenage children who would be getting to the age where s3x is a primary focus they have.

There are a few apps, called Tinder and Grinder and one other one. They appear to be a lot like FaceBook. And they are. Sort of. In the way they're a networking app. It's for people to find others in their area to hook up with for NSA s3x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    *Ahem*

While I know this bit is none of my business and you also didn't ask for advice on it, I keep meaning to start a thread for everyone on BubHub about it for those who have teenage children who would be getting to the age where s3x is a primary focus they have.

There are a few apps, called Tinder and Grinder and one other one. They appear to be a lot like FaceBook. And they are. Sort of. In the way they're a networking app. It's for people to find others in their area to hook up with for NSA s3x.
    Thanks for the heads up. I always appreciate it. I had heard of tinder but not grinder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look a virgin mobile. They have good plans and usual have some bonus data included. I've been with them for years and would not change.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Have a look a virgin mobile. They have good plans and usual have some bonus data included. I've been with them for years and would not change.
    Thanks
    That's the best deal yet.

$39 for the iPhone 5 with 2.3 g data.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I second this!

I've recently turned 20, and I know for a fact most of my friends and their younger siblings etc. Are on virgin.
    It's free call and text virgin to virgin so never a worry about going over. I'm sure most of your sons friends will be on virgin too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app