+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The last party that I went to was an Intimo party.
    I was 13 weeks pregnant and not wanting to buy any lingerie or over priced pyjamas. The host knew that and told me to just come anyway, no expectations to buy anything.
    She was fine, but the sales lady made me feel like the worst person in the world for not wanting to A. buy maternity bras so early in my pregnancy B. guess what size I would be post breastfeeding and buy bras accordingly and C. live in yoga pants throughout my pregnancy.

I'll go if I want to buy something, but I'm not getting suckered into going along for the social aspect again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all the replies, it been good to get some different perspectives

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    This.
    I'm a little bit saddened by the responses! I mean I know you can get some really pushy people, so that's fair enough to want to avoid them, but all the parties I've been to and hosted, it's all been mainly for the purpose of a get-together! Absolutely no pressure to buy anything. If you want to buy something, great, if not, don't. It's really that simple.
    I have been disappointed in the past when people don't turn up. It's not hard just to come and hang out and sit and listen to the lady, and say "no thanks" when she asks what you're going to order.
    Just to offer a bit of a view point on this, I don't go to "parties" (as I said earlier) and it's not just because of the pressure to buy. I'm busy. I get tired. I find it hard to find the time to do the things *I* want to do once the kids and household stuff is taken care of. I honestly don't have time to go spend an evening at someone's house listening to someone sell something I have absolutely zero interest in buying, unless we were really close friends and I knew you needed the support. There are just to many demands on my time, and party plan unfortunately is way down on my list. That's just how it works in my world, It's unfortunate if I offend my friends on occasion but it's a waste of *my* limited time!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-09-2014),KitiK  (27-09-2014),MsViking  (27-09-2014),rusty22  (27-09-2014),VicPark  (27-09-2014),Wise Enough  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate party plan anything. Especially, especially, especially scrap booking/card making parties. A friend got very ****ty with me once because I did not want to spend my Friday night gluing and pasting with a bunch of strangers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bounty For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    I hate party plan anything. Especially, especially, especially scrap booking/card making parties. A friend got very ****ty with me once because I did not want to spend my Friday night gluing and pasting with a bunch of strangers.
    I didn't even know that was a thing. I would rather stick hot glue in my eyes.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (27-09-2014),rusty22  (27-09-2014),Serenity Love  (27-09-2014),TheGooch  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not inconsiderate at all OP - I hate those parties as well. Even though they say "No pressure to buy" of course there is pressure!! I absolutely hate it when a friend gets into them. I don't go anymore. I find things over priced and I quite frank have better things to do than to sit in a room being expected to buy something so the host gets freebies or whatever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't enjoy going to party plan events. When I catch up with friends I like to go for coffee, dinner or a movie. I usually decline an invitation to a party where things are being sold, I just don't find them enjoyable.