+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate them. I hosted a Nature Direct party because I love their air woosher thing and it was the host special. I live with my mum and sister and just invited my bestie around as I didn't want anyone to feel pressured. She said it would take 45 minutes but it took 2 hours :/. Waaaay too much time dissing what's on the market rather than selling their product.

I'm not about to use a babysitting credit to go to someone else's party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of girls from playgroup have joined up to party plan and seriously 5 out of 10 playgroup sessions have been 'parties'

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    What does everyone think of younique?
    I think it looks like someone has dragged out 10 year old gluggy mascara and applied a dozen coats full of clumps. I don't get it, it looks horrible
    Last edited by delirium; 25-09-2014 at 21:46.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-09-2014),Just*Ace  (25-09-2014),Lincolns mummy  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't like party plans and I tend to try and avoid them if I can, but I do sometimes feel that pressure that I should go for my friends sake. I usually never buy anything and wonder everytime why I went!

I do know someone who has signed up to essentially a pyramid scheme but selling products. She tries to sign everyone up so she can advance to whatever the next level "manager" is as well as flogging the products and apparent amazing lifestyle you can have if you join (sure thing!). I think this is worse than party plans!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a friend who is selling Juice Plus. I bumped into her at the shops a few weeks after DS was born. She asked how I was and if I was back at the gym. I replied no I was not back at the gym yet as had has a CS and was waiting for my OB clearance. She then suggested I might like to buy some of her Juice Plus to "shift my baby weight"...

Cheers for that, think I will give it a miss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who is just starting out and who's held personal parties, I was disappointed when my friends never came. I honestly don't want them to buy anything I just wanted a rent a crowd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    I have a friend who is selling Juice Plus. I bumped into her at the shops a few weeks after DS was born. She asked how I was and if I was back at the gym. I replied no I was not back at the gym yet as had has a CS and was waiting for my OB clearance. She then suggested I might like to buy some of her Juice Plus to "shift my baby weight"...

Cheers for that, think I will give it a miss.
    Sometimes people just really believe in the product. I use Juice Plus and think it's a fantastic product. I don't really mention it to people but I think it's a fabulous product. Sometimes people start selling stuff because they really believe in it and while it might be annoying if they go on and on about it it can also be because they really love it and just want to share.

No idea about your friend - just offering a different POV. And no I don't sell JP - I just know how it's been amazing for me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankfully none of my friends sell anything by party plan but I get sooo many invites from my clients ( tupperwear, cleaning products, linen, home wares, lingerie , candles , cosmetics , clothes , books , toys and a few "adult " toy parties !!!) I never attend but for good clients I always put an order in for something small

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't host (apart from TMX) but I'll occasionally go. Not to buy anything just to see people and get some time away from bub lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    As someone who is just starting out and who's held personal parties, I was disappointed when my friends never came. I honestly don't want them to buy anything I just wanted a rent a crowd.
    This.
    I'm a little bit saddened by the responses! I mean I know you can get some really pushy people, so that's fair enough to want to avoid them, but all the parties I've been to and hosted, it's all been mainly for the purpose of a get-together! Absolutely no pressure to buy anything. If you want to buy something, great, if not, don't. It's really that simple.
    I have been disappointed in the past when people don't turn up. It's not hard just to come and hang out and sit and listen to the lady, and say "no thanks" when she asks what you're going to order.