+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine are very different !

DS1 - Hardworking, goal driven, reliable, parties hard in his downtime, the funniest bloke I know, nobody cracks me up more, even if he wasn't my kid I would enjoy his company. The most blokey of the boys. Adventurous, went around the world on his own and didn't bat an eyelash. A gentleman,has lots of friends that are girls.

DS2 - Sincere, mature with a very sensitive and caring heart,too trusting, impossible to tell a lie, nursing student and at 20 has never been to a pub and never drinks alcohol, huge animal lover. Terrible driver and is messy but organised, he is a complete nerd and has a spreadsheet for everything!!! A complete gentleman, all my friends adore him.

DS3 - Feels like the child I know the least sometimes, the most sports driven of the boys, excels at schoolwork without much visible effort, kinda lazy and disorganised at home. Moody, although mature at times, sometimes shockingly immature, has a trillion girlfriends, at times rather vain. He is a sweetheart and a gentleman however.

DD- A shocking sleeper, rules the roost ruthlessly at home, quiet and shy out of home. A finicky eater, starting to become a finicky dresser and shoe wearer. Drives me insane. Loves to sing and dance, loves water and flowers, loves a quiet cuddle. Can be very sweet. Interested in everything.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be so strange for some of you writing about your adult children. I bet it seems like yesterday that your day was consumed with naptime, night feeds and nappies.

Must go so fast! Which is what I try to remind myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Must be so strange for some of you writing about your adult children. I bet it seems like yesterday that your day was consumed with naptime, night feeds and nappies.

My life is still filled with that as well as a adult child that lives 1000's of klms away. Throw in teens, pre teen and primary aged and of course the toddler.

I can tell it Flys by so fast. Enjoy every moment you can.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So true, whenever I read a post from a mum particularly struggling with three little boys, I do a time warp and feel like saying this is really just a moment, it get easier! But some things get harder! And then they are leaving home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two boys are complete opposites! So much that they have trouble getting along though they're only 6 and 3.5 so I am hoping they will figure out a way eventually! They even look different and I'm often asked if they have the same dad. :what:

DS1 is quiet and shy. Very accademic and has always had a long attention span! From a very young age he could just sit and focus on something for hours. He has always loved to read and loves long cuddles. He is also a little bit sensitive and until recently found it very difficult to make new friends but once he has made a friend they are a friend forever. He is very intense and focused. He has a very beautiful nature and wants to help everyone all the time. He has dark blonde hair and blue eyes and looks very similar to me.

DS2 is the complete opposite he is loud and adventurous and full of energy! He is the first one try try something new. He hates to sit still and it's almost impossible to get him to stop and listen sometimes. He is always happy and bubbly and everyone instantly adores him even when he is throwing a tantrum! He hates reading and would much rather be outside or playing something where he can move around a lot. He has light blonde (almost white) hair and hazel eyes that become very green. He's a real mix of families and doesn't really look like anyone in particular.

Number 3 is on it's way and I am so curious to find out how this bub will be different again! My two right now are on such opposite ends of the spectrum!
    Last edited by EmilsMum; 26-09-2014 at 03:25.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EmilsMum For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @EmilsMum your boys sound gorgeous! And certainly very different. My 2.5 y/o is more like your ds2, but he likes cuddles and likes stories. His blonde hair is now a dark blonde at best. I am always astounded by these white blonde kids--the hair is amazing! I used to babysit for a family who had 3 kids with white blonde hair! I felt very brunette around them.

Congratulations on number 3!! When are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @EmilsMum your boys sound gorgeous! And certainly very different. My 2.5 y/o is more like your ds2, but he likes cuddles and likes stories. His blonde hair is now a dark blonde at best. I am always astounded by these white blonde kids--the hair is amazing! I used to babysit for a family who had 3 kids with white blonde hair! I felt very brunette around them.

Congratulations on number 3!! When are you due?

Thanks! I like to think they are pretty awesome just in very different ways!

My DS2 does like cuddles but they're short quick bursts of affection while DS1 likes to sit and cuddle for a long time. My two were very different right from the start. Ds1 could never be put down while DS2 didn't mind being put down or handed to some one other than me.

I just realised you asked about sleeping and even there they are opposite! DS1 doesn't fight sleep and although he was co slept for a while at 15 months he started sleeping in his own bed and hasn't looked back. He is a deep deep sleeper and he moves around in his sleep so much! He would sleep in every day if he could. While DS2 hates sleep and still resists it! He co slept till 2.5 and it was a struggle to get him into his own bed. He is a very light sleeper like me and a very early riser. No matter what time he is put to bed he will wake at about 5:30am! He doesn't move at all in his sleep.

My poppy and a cousin have white blonde hair. We have joked that there seems to be only one white blonde haired person in each generation and that in our family that marks them as the trouble maker of the family (in a cheeky kind of way that they eventually grow out of... sort of! Lol). Ds2 makes my ash blonde hair look brown! People keep telling me it will get darker but it hasn't so far and I just don't think it will.

Number 3 is due mid January 2015. 2 weeks after DS2's 4th birthday!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EmilsMum For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 boys are 3.5yrs and 17mo and have very different personalities. Ds1 is very reserved and thoughtful, Ds2 is very outgoing and impulsive.

I often marvel at how different they are, and wonder if it has to do with birth order, Ds1 being more serious having spent the majority of his first two years with boring adults, and Ds2 being more carefree from having the benefit of growing up with another kid around for fun and entertainment. Both were crap sleepers and champion feeders as babies.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my two are very affectionate, outgoing and have pooed the same even now once a day
    Ds 4 is sensitive, worrier, energetic, kind, caring, super friendly and a thinker.
    Dd 18months is independent, determined, adventurous, creative and kind.
    Ds is fairer then dd but they look similar.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (26-09-2014)