+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No i haven't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are going to send him home Friday and he will be seeing a therapist three times a week. And his psychiatrist twice a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This sounds pretty good. How does he get to his appointments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be taking him or my brother or his father whichever. My ex is trying to let me let our son get a tattoo in remembrance of his friends and girlfriend.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mom, I don't think there is much wrong with a tattoo. I think I could allow that if your son was wanting to do it. even just the date of the accident,?? marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that if your son wants to get a tattoo, then you should strongly consider it. A lot of people get tattoos as a way of moving through their grief. It's not like any young person just getting whatever one is in at the moment. This one will have significant meaning to him that will not change over time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has been wanting one for awhile and the hospital and therapist think i should allow him to do it as well. Its just something so permanent and i don't want him regretting it down the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got to go pick him up on Friday around noon. Not sure how to act or treat him after knowing he wanted to take his own life.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I've been quietly reading along on this thread. I'm sorry for what your son has gone through, and you as well. Getting a tattoo could be very cathartic for your son, and if you go along with him maybe he could see it as a sign that you understand and want to support him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was planning on going along with him to his appointments if that is what you are referring to.