+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been talking to my ex funny how that happens. One of my son's friends from church brought him home today found him passed out drunk in someone's front yard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Debating having my son committed. Walked into his room and he had a razor blade cutting on his abs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's such a hard situation, with no easy solution. Have you spoken to him about all his recent behavior? Does he open up about how he is feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you know much about self-harm? Reasons, appropriate responses etc? If not, I'd suggest doing some research. As others have suggested, it may help if you see a professional for yourself. They could not only help you to deal with the situation, but give you some suggestions of how you may be able to support your son.

My other thought, which someone else mentioned as well, would be to get him in contact with people who have had similar experiences. It can be so powerful to know that you're not alone, and that your responses and feelings are normal. I'm not sure who you could contact in your area... but I'd start by contacting any support groups for depression, trauma, PTSD to see if you can find anywhere he might be able to connect.

So sorry that you and your family are dealing with this. It must be awful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried talking to him about it but he won't open up. And no I know nothing about self harm.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mom0120, please reach out for more help. contact any 'surviviors" group. victims of crime group, or some sort, where people met together and share expierences, usually with a coordinator as often some professional guidance is also on call. don't think you have to have all the answers. find out as much information as you can, but all use other people. I hope your son improves. this is so much for a young man to deal with. hugs, Marie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mom, if you feel your son is a risk to himself and suicidal then yes take him to ED or call lifeline.

Self harm is usually a response to deal with or cope with very distressing feelings or pain. It may not necessarily mean your son is suicidal but it's best to check in with him as he sounds very depressed.
    Can you call the dr or therapist to give strategies on how to deal with all this?

I am guessing Xanax was added to help stabilise his mood but it may not have kicked in yet. Again the dr can advise on this.
    http://m.headspace.org.au//find-information/self-harm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks i called his psychiatrist as well as the therapist and they told me to commit him. Picking him up from school today and driving him to the hospital. I hope it goes well but i doubt it will.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom0120 For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (01-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. I couldn't read and not reply though I have no advice. I wish you both a speedy recovery to this horrible situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope it went ok op. Thinking of you