+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Partner and I wanting to use US fertility clinic

Hi,
    My partner and I are wanting to use a US based (preferebly LA) fertility clinic to do IUI using a sperm donor. Just wondering if anyone has used a clinic in the US? If so, which one? Did you like your clinic? Were you able to be inseminated at the clinic you got the sperm?
    thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any reason why you would rather use a clinic in the US? Will you be based over there?

If you are looking for easy access to anonymous sperm it's possible here, we had no wait lists and could start trying the following month.

We used US donor sperm to conceive both our babies through IUI at a fertility clinic on the Gold Coast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    My partner and I actually want to use a donor with an ID release and we found that it would be easier over there. If we don't have luck with an ID release donor then we will use an anonymous donor. My sister actually used an anonymous donor over here but 2 fertility clinics wouldn't take her as a patience because she didn't know the donor.
    May I ask which clinic you used? Did you like that clinic?
    thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used qfg on the Gold Coast and are extremely happy with them. Both babies have the same US donor imported from the xytex clinic, when the are 18 the can contact the donor if they wish. Until then we have approx 11 pages of health and education info, some photos and a donor essay they can look at when the time comes.

What state are you in? The rules are slightly different from state to state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    May I suggest you call fertility first in hurstville nsw... very same sex friendly... us
    Donors from xytec like qfg... Goodluck in your baby journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much guys!
    we are in nsw if that helps. I will definitely get in touch with both those clinics.
    May I ask roughly how much a try the aus ones cost? You don't have to answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    More than happy to answer, we paid $950 per vial of sperm which you can't claim from medicate and $1080 for IUI which included all the meds, blood tests and scans. We received $600 back from Medicare for the IUI cost.

Most clinics should be able to give you a price over the phone. My clinic doesn't have an issue with patients coming from interstate, I had a friend and her partner (same sex) travel from Melbourne to avoid all the red tape down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's pretty reasonable. Thanks for that info. Did you have to do counselling with that clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes one hour of counseling. They spoke about how fertility treatment can be a long and trying process and about our family/ friend support network. By no means were they making a decision about whether you could be parents of not. It was quiet casual and we only did counseling with bub #1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not so bad.
    Thanks so much for all your help. I don't think I have anymore questions lol!