+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm another whose babies never slept flat. 3 out of 4 of mine actually slept on tummies from 8 weeks. Only way I could get them to sleep
    Agree with this 2 of my 3 babies were tummy sleepers from newborn, it was the only way they settled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sympathetic to your situation. I had a nightmare time with my first as well.

but...I really think you need to roll with it. Find something that works for you and bub and of stick with that until things become more manageable. Yes, it is not ideal if bub sleeps every day sleep in the pram but so what, he's sleeping, you can relax, get stuff done etc. deal with sleeping in the cot at a later stage.

my DS slept *every* day sleep in the bouncer for first 6 months Cos that's what worked for us at the time. Not ideal, but it meant we all got some rest.

There will be a lot more hurdles in the first year. You'll go through sleep regressions, teeth, change in routine, etc, etc. babies change all the time. One day they'll do one thing that'll work for you. the next they won't. You need to adapt.

Go with the flow as much as possible, you'll drive yourself crazy over analysing, second guessing everything. It really does go fast and I'd hate for you to not be enjoying this special time because everything is not by the book. Xx

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adeline14 For This Useful Post:

CMF  (27-09-2014),Eilonwy  (29-09-2014),Purple Lily  (29-09-2014),smallpotatoes  (29-09-2014),Tippytoes  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies

I bought a carrier on the weekend but ive got to get ds used to it - he likes it for short periods at the moment then starts cracking up. He wont go to sleep in it yet but hopefully he will once he gets used to it

He goes to sleep during the day in his cot for dh (weekends etc). We are doing the exact same thing so its really frustrating. Dh reckons I just have to persevere with the cot but ive given up with it for the time being

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What carrier did you end up with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one of the new bjorns that supports their legs properly & puts them into an m shape. Dh wanted it because bub can face outwards when he's older, even though I told him its not optimal positioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    We got one of the new bjorns that supports their legs properly & puts them into an m shape. Dh wanted it because bub can face outwards when he's older, even though I told him its not optimal positioning.

Good choice. Facing outward is ok for small amounts of time, i think they recommend no more than 20 minutes. Hopefully it's not too hard on your shoulders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems comfy but im not wearing at the moment cause ive set my neck off again. Hopefully it will get better soon & ill be able to wear it again