+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    forgot to add... my dd literally lived in her swing during her first 10 months. it was the only thing that would calm her down and get her to sleep.. it was a life saver. have you tried a swing? I got one with a mobile that attaches and plays music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as the pram or rocker/swings don't curl him up like a car seat does, he should be alright.
    Have a look around at some of the rockers and swings (online) - perhaps there might be one that lays on an angle you're ok with?
    Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Misstrouble I didnt know they did wednesday to sunday stays, thanks for that!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Most stays are Monday to Friday so just be really clear with them that you would prefer one over the weekend (it's either Wednesday-Sunday or Saturday-Wednesday, I can't be certain now). You have to complete quite a long intake form when they refer you so you can put an explanation on there. It sounds like it would be best if your DP was there with you so he can see how hard it can be for himself and understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Im looking at carriers, I like the look of the manduca so I might try to give one a try

Where can I get help other than residential sleep school? Ive been asking for help for 3 months with no luck

How can I make dh understand that im not coping & need help? I call him at work & he just goes 'I dont know what you should do, but I have work to do, I cant come home & help'. He gets to go to work all day. He has no idea.

Did you get my pm about the sleep consultant/baby whisperer in Brisbane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
    Did you get my pm about the sleep consultant/baby whisperer in Brisbane?
    Yes thanks!

Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I would sit & feed him for up to an hour & then id sit & hold him for hours - when would you recommend I eat or do anything around the house? Thats why I dont want to hold him for every sleep. However im looking at getting a carrier so that might make things better
    I've made lots of recommendations about that, in one of your other threads.

Go to your nearest baby shop tomorrow and try on a few carriers if they have a good range and see if there is one that is comfortable and buy it.

Your 11 week is old is sleeping through the night, that is excellent and more than what a lot of babies do. So it's just the days you need to get through now. Try feeding lying down. He may fall asleep and it'll give you either a short nap or a short time where you can go and do whatever. Then next feed/sleep try the bouncer or whatever contraption you have. Then for the next feed/sleep, hold him and watch some cr@py daytime TV. Then put him in the sling while you cook dinner. Then the day is over and he'll go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, just go and get a more egonomic carrier than the Bjorn. I recently got a Mini Monkey, I thought I'd get the ergo but found this one easier to put on by myself.

Here's a photo of DS around 4-5 months old. By this age he would actually twist his own head around like this to sleep in the bouncer. You won't need to point his chin up that much, just a slight tilt up and to the side ensures that the weight of his skull is on the back/side of the rocker/pram rather than down into his neck/chest.

bouncer.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Im going to a shop tomorrow to try carriers - I like the look of the manduca so far but ill see what feels most comfy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm another whose babies never slept flat. 3 out of 4 of mine actually slept on tummies from 8 weeks. Only way I could get them to sleep.

OP you've had a lot of great advice. My first was exactly like your son (except she didn't sleep through til 15 months) in terms of only wanting to be held to sleep and screaming all evening. In the end I just had to tell myself it would pass and eventually it did. Nope I got nothing done while I held her while she slept during the day but it's such a short period of their lives. My first is now 9 and still loves being held really close to us and hates falling asleep alone (our jack Russell now replaces us).

As for the CHN and your DH, sometimes the most well meaning people honestly don't know what will work. Most CHNs are damned if they encourage you to held them and damned if they want you to put them down. But don't write them off altogether. I have found some of them to be useful in many different ways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My guy will actually only sleep at night on his side. I roll a towel on each side and sleeps in the middle of that. He cracks it when on his back in the pram or car seat! I say only night because he only sleeps in the carrier during the day. I recommend doing some core strengthening because carrying all day is back breaking.

Glad you have those details heart string. I had a lot of the same issues as you first time and this lady literally saved me from a complete breakdown. It may cost a bit but it was and still is worth every cent to have a happy and healthy baby and mother.