+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hubby cant take the time off work to stay at ellen barron with me, so id be there by myself . I dreaded the end of visiting hours at the hospital after ds was born when dh had to leave & I was there by myself with the horrible midwives. I dont think i can do that again

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's pretty normal for them not to go down in their bed during the day. All day naps atm DS sleeps on me or in the carrier. I have given up trying to get him in his bassinet. My DD was the same. I will be doing some sort of sleep training when he is around 12 weeks. Try to find a carrier you like. I find he fights sleep when I put him in it but if I make myself busy he eventually falls asleep. He does go down in his bassinet too for night sleeps. I strongly recommend you get some help. You sound very stressed and it is a recipe for PND. Help is there for you to access along with his forum of course!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    My hubby cant take the time off work to stay at ellen barron with me, so id be there by myself . I dreaded the end of visiting hours at the hospital after ds was born when dh had to leave & I was there by myself with the horrible midwives. I dont think i can do that again

I haven't used one but I know that there are private sleep consultants that will come to your home for visits and then provide phone follow up support.

Please don't think I'm being critical because I've been where you are but perhaps seeing one professional instead of getting so many differing opinions and experiences may help in providing some clarity.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

amyd  (26-09-2014),Anjalee  (26-09-2014),GreenMama  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Im looking at carriers, I like the look of the manduca so I might try to give one a try

Where can I get help other than residential sleep school? Ive been asking for help for 3 months with no luck

How can I make dh understand that im not coping & need help? I call him at work & he just goes 'I dont know what you should do, but I have work to do, I cant come home & help'. He gets to go to work all day. He has no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I have been following some of your threads but haven't replied as you have received alot of helpful advice from others and I didn't have much to add. However, I just wanted to say that I hope things ease up for you soon as you sound like you are really struggling. Is there any way your DH could organise some time out to help you at ellen barron? Does he understand how much you are struggling? Or do you have a close friend/family member who could go with you? I agree with everyone who has said that many young babies won't sleep in cots/bassinets - my DS was certainly one who slept mainly in the carrier, pram, car seat or swing in the early days. I know that doesn't help in regards to practical advice, but hopefully you realise that you aren't alone in this period of frustration

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Im looking at carriers, I like the look of the manduca so I might try to give one a try

Where can I get help other than residential sleep school? Ive been asking for help for 3 months with no luck

How can I make dh understand that im not coping & need help? I call him at work & he just goes 'I dont know what you should do, but I have work to do, I cant come home & help'. He gets to go to work all day. He has no idea.

I just saw this about your husband not understanding. Could your GP or MCH nurse have a chat to him to let him know that you really need support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You're in Queensland aren't you?
    Try lullababy sos. Elaine Harvey is get name. You can find her on Facebook too. She's a private consultant.. Well worth the money.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I just saw this about your husband not understanding. Could your GP or MCH nurse have a chat to him to let him know that you really need support?
    The mchn are rubbish, they dont even care. Just told me to wrap him up & put him in his cot like I was stupid. I dont even bother going to see them anymore, I just duck in sometimes to weigh him but I dont bother with the appointments

Thanks for that TamTam ill look her up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The mchn are rubbish, they dont even care. Just told me to wrap him up & put him in his cot like I was stupid. I dont even bother going to see them anymore, I just duck in sometimes to weigh him but I dont bother with the appointments

That's a shame. Do you have a GP or Psychologist that may be able to talk to your husband for you? He needs to understand how much you're struggling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

That's not okay. I would call another Dr. .. they can get you in to Ellen Barron.
    If you have PHI you could try the nurture Centre at northwest hospital in Brisbane. I've heard it's great.
    I had Elaine come to my house for a 3 hour consultation. She was really good. If you can afford her I'd try it. After her consult she is available on the phone and follow up too. I called her when I was desperate! !! Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-09-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast