+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes he's always in a swaddle sleeping bag when im trying to get him to sleep, it doesnt seem to make a difference re getting him to go to sleep, but it does help him stay asleep

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You mentioned that he will only sleep held/ in his rocker in the day - just wondering how you settle him at night & where he sleeps?
    One of my bubs was quite unsettled at this age, and i found a bassinet great for her. I would cuddle her until drowsy, and then put her in the bassinet & pat her belly with one hand & rock/jiggle the bassinet with the other hand. Id keep continuous movement for a good 20 mins, more if she was being a super grump, until she settled & went to sleep. The i would stop the jiggling & just pat her belly & eventually slow down & stop the patting. The bassinet was on wheels, so i could sit & do this in front of tv or wherever, then wheel her into a quiet room when she was very well and truly asleep.

With the cluster feeding, i would feed, if he settles afterwards & goes to sleep, put him in the bassinet/ rocker if that works. Then i would feed again when he wakes or if he doesnt settle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My first used to go through the arsenic hours... Until I have his 'bedtime' feed in a quiet dark room instead of in front of the TV. Within 2 nights he went to sleep at 7pm without protesting. With my second I have him his bedtime feed in a quiet dark room from day 1 and he never had a witching period.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Cheesecake at night he sleeps in his bassinet as dh is able to settle him eventually (usually after a few hours of screaming though). He never settles for me, day or night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies how can I persevere with this cause anything I try involves a lot of crying - I dont like it when ds cries cause if he gets really worked up he chokes.

This morning I tried rocking,sushing & patting in a dark room with quiet meditation music playing. He just screamed so I picked him up & he continued to scream & wouldnt stop even though I was holding him then he choked

So I guess I just dont even bother trying. Ill have to hold him or sleep him in his rocker/pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how exhausting it is and how frustrated and over it you must be. But it won't be like this forever. My eldest only napped in my arms or the carrier for ages. Now she's 2 and sleeps through the night no problem and naps in her bed. The days are long but the years are short...he's still really little, it will get easier I promise.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (26-09-2014),misskittyfantastico  (26-09-2014),smallpotatoes  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems like its lasting forever. I just want it to end.

Ive struggled with sleeping/settling since he was born & its not getting any better. So over this.

I give up. He can be awake all day if he wants then ill just go out every evening & leave him with dh to scream for 4 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really know how you feel. DD1 was an awful sleeper. I won't go into detail because I don't want to think about how hard it was!

Have you tried any other carriers yet? I saw that you got a bjorn and didn't like it. It could be worth trying something like an ergo or Manduca - it's worth a shot? Will he fall asleep on the breast and sleep in your arms? Trust me I know that's not ideal...I did it for months on end with DD1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He will sometimes fall asleep on the breast so I definitely take that opportunity for him to get a nap in whenever I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you feed lying down? For ages that was the only way I could get DS to nap. I would feed until he was asleep then gently ease myself away from him.
    Has your mchn talked about a referral to Ellen Barron family centre? I've had a few friends go with great outcomes. They all had their partners stay with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast