+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies

I think he's almost too heavy for most wraps as he's already almost 8kgs

I'll try some of the suggestions

He just starts screaming though & I just cant get him to stop. Neither can dh some of the time

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD2 was very unsettled from around 5pm, right around the same time I was trying to cook dinner.

I use to bath her, feed her & then put her in her swing, the swing was my savior!

Good luck, I hope things improve quickly for you.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Do you have a swiss ball? I found it really tiring carrying around a baby but sitting on a swiss ball and bouncing was a lot less effort and it worked a treat getting DS off to sleep (DD was boob or nothing). I also found boob solved pretty much all problems for DD, whether she was tired, cranky, in pain etc. Boob was the cure-all. She did have a witching/arsenic hour or 3 every night and I would sit or lie in bed watching TV and feeding her, swapping sides about 8 times because supply was low at that time of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks ladies

I think he's almost too heavy for most wraps as he's already almost 8kgs

I'll try some of the suggestions

He just starts screaming though & I just cant get him to stop. Neither can dh some of the time

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    If you get a structured carrier or a woven wrap they go up to about 20kg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

amyd  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Have you tried a nice deep warm bath? Even you hopping in with him? It might help calm him, then a nice massage in a quiet dimly lit room. You can get some good ideas on how to baby massage on youtube

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get a Manduca or Ergo carrier. After his bath, I would give a massage - if you are stressed get in the bath as well - feed in there if you have to. Then dull all the lights in the house, put on some soft music and put him in the Manduca and wander around the house slowly - take lots of deep breaths and relax - babies pick up on our anxiety and stress and evenings are so stressful because we are tired, and still have so much to do before we can go to bed. Try and prepare your dinner in the daytime so it's one less thing to think about. When you are both relaxed, put him into bed and sit beside him with your hand in him or patting him until he goes to sleep.
    It's so hard, I've been there - but really it was always worse when I was stressed as well. Best of luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When he starts screaming after the 5/6 pm feed, have you tried feeding him again? A lot of bubs cluster feed at night time because that is when your supply is at your lowest. I also used to express during the 'good' sleep of the day (mine would sleep for 1hr ish in the afternoon, so id sit down in front of tv with lunch, a coffee & my breast pump!), & i would use the ebm to give a top up bottle at night (not right for everyone, just something that worked for me. Our night routine looked something like this -
    5-6pm 1 hr breastfeed
    6-6:30pm bath, cuddle, story/ awake time
    6:30-7:30pm 1 hr breastfeed
    7:30 bottle of ebm
    After ebm - bed.

I also swaddled my babies, i found it soothed them well. I also second bouncing them on the fit ball to soothe them. If they got too big for a swaddle, i sewed two together to make a big one/ got some stretchy material and made my own/ used a cot sheet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your bub sounds like my first - high needs baby (dr sears has some good articles on it). I nearly went crazy looking after her. She still does push me now at 2 yrs if age!
    Between 4 and 8 I cluster feed. Pretty much feed non stop and try to get him to have a short nap in there to enable him to keep going. He usually wears himself out by 8 or I hand him over to DH and he settles him. Have you tried cluster feeding?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would offer the boob again and again. If he isn't interested try something else. My dd was a big time cluster feeder, often combined with a turbo spew and another feed before sleep. I always had to have dinnet ready before 5 pm because nights were dominated by feeding for the first couple of months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also wrap or put in a love to dream swaddle or something when nearing the end of cluster feeding or when trying to get him to have a nap.
    Did you end up getting a sleep consultant or some help?