+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much for the words of love and encouragement. Every little bit helps

Unfortunately there is no mother/baby unit here. There was actually an article posted in our local paper a few days away saying there not only isn't one but Its not on the cards either

I had one of my worst days yet today. I rang the perinatal team with ds2 and dd screaming in the background. She was lovely and it was nice to talk. She spoke to the Dr there and we have upped the Zoloft to 75mg. They were going to come and visit me but I didn't want that so they are calling me tomorrow. They are also doing a home visit on Monday. I've never felt so low, I almost can't even believe this is my life Its unrecognisable.

Anyway thank you so much for your replies, Its so nice to come in here and see beautiful words xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    So far the gaviscon hasn't done much but I'm still hopeful. You poor thing Nothing worse than being fobbed off about your child's health when deep down you know something isn't right. Thank god you got to the bottom of it though, I hope your poor dd gets better soon
    When I first put DD on gaviscon I found it took a couple of days to kick in and be effective. Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding? If bottle feeding what formula are you using?
    You are doing a great job even if it feels like you aren't, its so awful to feel that low... depression and anxiety are so cruel.. im sorry you are struggling so much. Massive hugs xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have private health with psychiatric cover by any chance? and someone to care for your older children? Would it be out of the question or impossible to fly to Brisbane and spend 2 weeks in a mother/baby unit if things got bad enough? Just a thought.... I know the logistics would be pretty hard to work out but if it gets that bad then its got to be worth considering right?.. I had a quick google and your right, there isn't much up your way in the way of perinatal mental health facilities.. I can't believe there isn't even a mental health day program anywhere!?!

Don't forget to be kind and forgiving to yourself.
    You are exactly what your children need and they are so very lucky to have you. Give yourself a break, You are human, and its okay for your children to see you struggle and not cope, in fact its healthy and realistic and will help them develop resilience instead of thinking they need to be perfect all the time. It won't harm them and in fact will help them develop empathy and kindness for others that will make you burst with pride one day.

Sometimes It's about just getting through the day however and in whatever way you can. Remembering that tomorrow is another day, a clean slate and a chance to try again. Forget about what happened today, don't get overwhelmed about the future... just live in the moment.

Im not going to lie.. It takes a f**king long time to recover (and even then Im not sure ill ever be the same as before) and when you are in the depths of it, it feels like it will never end but its just a moment in time and IT WILL PASS eventually... its just about hanging on until the sun comes out again.

Ive never seen you be anything but kind and supportive on this forum..Your a good egg purple lily... you deserve the same level of support and kindness. I hope you have people irl that do that for you.

Give yourself a Pat on the back for getting through a rough day and I sincerely hope tomorrow is better for you xxx
    Last edited by RipperRita; 28-11-2014 at 07:09.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (02-12-2014),LaDiDah  (01-12-2014),olismumma  (29-11-2014),Purple Lily  (02-12-2014),Sonja  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Too scared to go on meds

I wish I could thank Ripper Rita 100 times over.

Purple lily you are in the thick of it and it's bloody hard. When I had DS DD2 was under 2 and it was clear she was an incredibly anxious child who clung to me like a life raft. She was a terrible sleeper and so was DS1. I was living some kind of hell. I felt like I was walking in mud every day. I hated everything about my life. I used to look at my kids and wonder what short straw they drew to get me for a mother. Yes I loved them, but sometimes that's not enough.

I was beyond overwhelmed. I drowned.

Fast forward 3 years and life is completely different. We have all come so far. I look at them now and think I didn't do so bad afterall. I have also learned to forgive myself for my dark days. Don't get me wrong we still have them but nowhere near as often. Maybe once a month instead of 5 times a week?

I know these are just words but we have lived through this and you will too.

I hope you can get some help somehow. It's such a hard slog some days.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (27-11-2014),Barnaby  (02-12-2014),olismumma  (29-11-2014),RipperRita  (27-11-2014),zooey  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Purple Lily, I've only just seen this thread and had a chance to read through. Firstly, can I say how courageous you are for putting yourself out there through your struggles for other hubbers to share in. I find it inspirational. I'm personally really struggling at the moment but Am having a hard time admitting it let alone sharing it. I think you are amazing and don't know how I would do what you are doing. 3 under 3 is a workload I can't even imagine. I'm struggling with one! I just wanted to say that I know you aren't feeling so good at the moment but I'm thinking of you and really hope you feel some relief soon. Your thread has really made me feel like it's ok to admit that things aren't so peachy and ok to seek help. I hope that I can find it within myself to make the same leap. Maybe one day.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (28-11-2014),Purple Lily  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of u @Purple Lily. I hope the increased dose of zoloft helps you more. Good to hear you're optimistic about counseling. . Fwiw I bet you are doing a better job with your lil ones than you think. Ripper Rita has given some wonderful words of advice too.
    My dd had reflux so I understand where you're coming from. Gaviscon helped but she only improved on losec in the end.. is it possible to see another gp or paed for prescription, not fair for her to put up with pain or you to have to "just cope and wait it out"
    Thinking of you xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am thinking of you purple lily. Hope you will have a good day today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rammie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Purple Lily I was thinking of you the other day as I haven't seen you for a while in our DIG. I wish I could come over and watch the kids for you while you take a break. You're doing such an amazing job caring for your children - such close age gaps are HARD work.

I hope the perinatal team helps. Thinking of you xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey Purple Lily how are things going

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Hey Purple Lily how are things going
    Still kind of the same I had a woman from the perinatal mental health come over yesterday for a chat so I guess that helped a bit. I just feel so lost and stuck. It feels like a never ending circle. In saying that I still have hope that I will come out of this haze. We changed dds formula from s26 to A2 Platinum so hopefully that helps. It seems to have made a difference so far. Dh was the one who took her to the paed and he just mentioned that they won't medicate her because she is thriving.

The organization who helps me get out of the house has a free Christmas lunch tomorrow so they will be taking me to that. Its stressing me out so badly but my kids need me to do this.

Oh and sorry it took me so long to come back to this thread, we had a full on weekend!