+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just thought I would update...

So things have been much worse I feel so sad, lost, overwhelmed and angry. I feel like I did before I started Zoloft and I'm crying a fair bit again. I'm hating a lot at the moment and really just hanging on by a thread most days. I spoke to the perinatal team the other day and we have decided to stick to Zoloft until I finish the pack and then reassess. I will most likely change to something else.

Not to blame but dd just doesn't stop crying all day It's driving me crazy. A Dr and paed have both agreed she has reflux and colic but both refused to put her on meds and advised to use nothing and wait for her to grow out of it. I just don't know how much more I can take. Its too hot to babywear although she's prettyuch glued to me anyway. I can't do anything without listening to her cry.

I see a counsellor once a week, it hasn't helped yet but I think eventually it will.

So that's where I'm at...a bit depressing but I promised I would share my journey.

Still hoping for the best and I don't plan on giving up on treatment although it seems like the easier way out.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 26-11-2014 at 16:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thats strange they have said not to put her on anything.. reflux is painful for bubba but for your sanity she needs something as well.... my dd has reflux snd has infant gaviscon with every feed.. its been a life saver. You don't need a script for it if that helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Thats strange they have said not to put her on anything.. reflux is painful for bubba but for your sanity she needs something as well.... my dd has reflux snd has infant gaviscon with every feed.. its been a life saver. You don't need a script for it if that helps
    I was shocked that both said the same thing. Ds1 had reflux and he was on losec. The paed said something about over the counter stuff taking away all the acid and the gut still needs some, he also said they weren't effective so to not bother...I beg to differ. I have Dh buying some infant gaviscon on his way home because I can't sit here listening to her cry in pain, It's awful for her and emotionally damaging for me I usually don't go against a paed but I don't believe he knows what he's doing.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (26-11-2014),HeavenBlue  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're her mum you know whats best.
    You can only try the gaviscon. Personally I think its brilliant and if it saves your sanity then its well worth it. I hope it helps her the poor thing.
    Its taken me since sunday for anyone to take notice of issues with dd. It took me having a complete melt down in the middle of the drs surgery today for them to do something. DD is 14 weeks and has been non stop vomiting since sunday, not only that had temps last week as well, 2 trips to hospital, a urine test and heel prick to pick up something wrong. Then the incompetence of a receptionist has done my head in. She couldn't do what I asked and request pathology results from the hosp that confirmed an infection so I could get antibiotics.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your fighting this with such strength and determination purple lily. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself! but the nature of the illness means your prob not and prob focused more on your weaknesses and failings instead of your sheer determination and strength of character. Maybe you should consider a mother baby unit? Or a mental health day program? Is there one near by?
    See another paed if your not happy with his advice about reflux. In my experience a mother knows their baby better then anyone.
    I've been following your journey a long time. You've inspired me tons of times and I've nodded along with many of your posts regarding motherhood.
    💕

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (29-11-2014),Purple Lily  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I agree mother baby unit and their will be paeds there to admit but and if you have any concerns about them etc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi you are doing well purple lily. Yes there will be days when you feel down. Do not get upset about it. You will get better again. Good that you are not stopping The meds. See another paed if your not happy with his advice about reflux. Yes mothers know their baby better then anyone.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rammie For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (29-11-2014),Purple Lily  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there; you're doing a great job coping with all of this

Thinking of you x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Strawberry Blonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    You're her mum you know whats best.
    You can only try the gaviscon. Personally I think its brilliant and if it saves your sanity then its well worth it. I hope it helps her the poor thing.
    Its taken me since sunday for anyone to take notice of issues with dd. It took me having a complete melt down in the middle of the drs surgery today for them to do something. DD is 14 weeks and has been non stop vomiting since sunday, not only that had temps last week as well, 2 trips to hospital, a urine test and heel prick to pick up something wrong. Then the incompetence of a receptionist has done my head in. She couldn't do what I asked and request pathology results from the hosp that confirmed an infection so I could get antibiotics.
    So far the gaviscon hasn't done much but I'm still hopeful. You poor thing Nothing worse than being fobbed off about your child's health when deep down you know something isn't right. Thank god you got to the bottom of it though, I hope your poor dd gets better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Your fighting this with such strength and determination purple lily. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself! but the nature of the illness means your prob not and prob focused more on your weaknesses and failings instead of your sheer determination and strength of character. Maybe you should consider a mother baby unit? Or a mental health day program? Is there one near by?
    See another paed if your not happy with his advice about reflux. In my experience a mother knows their baby better then anyone.
    I've been following your journey a long time. You've inspired me tons of times and I've nodded along with many of your posts regarding motherhood.
    💕
    Oh my goodness you have me in tears. I can't be proud, I don't feel strong I just feel useless. I feel like my kids deserve better than what my best is at the moment. I feel like too much of a failure to see anything but what I'm doing wrong. But thank you so much for your kind words, I'm glad I have inspired somebody...that's a pretty amazing feeling

Funny thing is I could have written all of that about you. You are somebody I look up to around here and one of the reasons I took the leap into taking meds so thank you a million times
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 27-11-2014 at 19:22.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (27-11-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast