+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi You are on the correct path. It will get better. Your body has to get used too. All the very best. Keep strong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rammie For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (25-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TableDancer View Post
    Hi Purple Lily ,
    I'm on paroxetine for anxiety and it took me 1-2 weeks to get over that nausea's feeling and have an appetite again so hang in there with that! It will go away I promise. I also felt a bit worse before I felt better, I was told it takes 2 weeks to build up the a therapeutic level which it did for me (probably just over two) so again just hang in there if you can. As you probably already know, don't just stop taking them because of these things
    Do you have any techniques for coping with your anxiety whilst you get through this settle period?
    Please don't feel like a failure, I had a terrible time after my fourth and felt completely overwhelmed all the time. It was the anxiety/PND though, once I was better I have not had that extremely overwhelmed feeling again, I mean sure I've felt like I had a lot to do or what not but nothing like before. Before I just couldn't see how I was ever going to get through, I couldn't imagine that life was ever going to get any easier (which of course it did). Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone feeling like you do, I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you now though
    Thank you for sharing Although I'm sorry that you have had a rough time I'm glad they are working for you, I definitely need to see positive stories while I'm just starting.

I don't really have anything to cope with the anxiety at the moment, I've never dealt with it I've always just let it rule me. I try and breathe but that's a bit hard when it all just feels like too much. I'm hoping to see a psychologist soon so hopefully that will help.

Thank you for your kind words xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammie View Post
    Hi You are on the correct path. It will get better. Your body has to get used too. All the very best. Keep strong.
    Thanks so much I'm not going to give up, I just can't. I have so many reasons to stick to this and although I feel like Its too hard sometimes I remind myself why I'm doing it. I want to feel like a good mother and I want to enjoy life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So just thought I would update and share my entire journey especially for those who were and are where I am.

I'm not as shakey or absent minded although my concentration levels are still a bit meh. I've been sleeping better at night so I assume the meds are starting to take away a tiny bit of anxiety. I'm the kind of person who worries about everything at night so I find it hard to switch off. I have to admit I'm feeling a bit strange because although I'm still depressed and anxious about life still, It's actually feeling like a little bit of the fog has lifted. I have absolutely no appetite and have to force myself to eat so I'm feeling a bit weak from not eating as much.

One strange thing I have noticed is that I'm finding it hard to cry now....am I strange? I had a meltdown the other day and I shed a couple of tears but I really just wanted to sob but just couldn't. Anybody else have that or am I just weird? Crying is a major outlet for me so It does annoy me that I can't cry properly but I guess in the long run that's a good thing.

I've got a much more positive outlook on getting better Thanks again for all the support xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (25-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs my darling I have only just seen this thread, I'm really impressed that you have laid it all out there and gone and got some help for yourself, that's a very mature thing to do.

You are far from a crap mother and a very kind and decent person, 3 under 3 is a mind boggling workload, When my boys were small it was just a gruelling blur, it does get easier with time.

I'm glad you are taking the steps needed to look after yourself, you deserve to have a much happier life lovely.

Huge hugs PL xxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Purple Lily I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story and opening up... I have been quietly following your battle. I couldnt imagine how tough 3 under 3 would be.... actually I can imagine and its probably nowhere near as hard as living it. I bet you are a great mother
    I have 1 dd and am due with ds in less than 4 weeks. There will be 21 months difference.
    I have always battled depression and as soon as I had dd pnd and anxiety hit big time! Ive always been a pretty anxious person due to a lot of things happening in my life which I wont get into.
    At 15 I was put on zoloft though only took them for a couple of days as a family member flushed them down the toilet telling me to get over my "issues" and how bad anti depressants were.
    Since I struggled with pnd I saw a counselor and got myself a mental health plan though I still felt like everyone around me was pushing me to take the anti-ds.
    My biggest fear was not being "myself" anymore and the meds mellowing me out so much id be 'zombie-like'
    When things are going good im pretty happy and confident though when things are bad, they are reallllly bad..
    I was also scared of the weaning and whether I would ever be able to get myself off them.
    I have said to my dh that if I ever get as bad as I did after having dd to remind me that I dont have to feel like this and to give them a go.
    I would be really interested to keep reading how you are going on them if you are happy to share or even pm
    I think you will be helping more ppl than you know opening up with your journey.
    So thank you again and I really hope this helps you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (02-11-2014),zooey  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Purple Lily,
    Thinking of you and praying for you. Do let us know how your therapy is helping you and you need someone to unburden your self. This forum is great.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rammie For This Useful Post:

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Much love to you PL. You are a hero in my books - look how much I whinge with just the one! I hope you are feeling much better soon x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post

One strange thing I have noticed is that I'm finding it hard to cry now....am I strange? I had a meltdown the other day and I shed a couple of tears but I really just wanted to sob but just couldn't. Anybody else have that or am I just weird? Crying is a major outlet for me so It does annoy me that I can't cry properly but I guess in the long run that's a good thing.

I've got a much more positive outlook on getting better Thanks again for all the support xo
    Glad to hear you are doing even better again now I feel like the medication makes it harder for me to sort of think deeply about things, so is harder for me imagination to take over when it comes to my anxieties and it is harder to over think everything. This also applies to other thinking and emotions though so I don't think it is weird that you didn't really cry

You mentioned that you were in touch with a perinatal team? Could you ask them for some coping strategies like relaxation techniques, CBT type self talk. Also, are you getting any time to yourself? Even just an hour at night to have a bath or watch tv/reading a book helps if you tell yourself that you are doing it for you and it's your down time now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TableDancer,

I like your comment of "Glad to hear you are doing even better again now I feel like the medication makes it harder for me to sort of think deeply about things, so is harder for me imagination to take over when it comes to my anxieties and it is harder to over think everything. This also applies to other thinking and emotions though so I don't think it is weird that you didn't really cry "This is so true. Purple Lily take care and keep going.
    Last edited by Rammie; 01-11-2014 at 13:39.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rammie For This Useful Post: