+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 15mo no sign of walking

My 15mo has no interest in walking. She can hold onto coffee table and walk around it but doesn't want to hold hands and walk. What can I do to encourage her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my experience not a lot Do you have a push toy with wheels she can hold on to and walk around with? Kids tend to do these things in their own time frame it seems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto. When our boy was that age he could stand up and walk one step between people or things but that was it. Didn't want to walk any further, didn't want to walk holding hands. But was happy to push things along. Noisy things like a chair scraping on a wooden floor. And then he started suddenly walking at 19 months - walked a couple of metres with a fat smile on his face.

I reckon it's like a lot of things, walking, talking, eating, sleeping and toilet training... you can encourage them to do it, but ultimately they'll do it in their own time.

If you are really worried, get her checked out by your GP. We did at 16 months and he said not to worry as long as we saw signs of progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do have a walker but she's a bit shaky and not really interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was told they don't worry until 18months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sit on the floor with your DP, about a metre apart and hold your DS upright and get your DP to call him over and hold his hands out to encourage your DS to come to him - this is what my GP recommended when my DS was about 16 months to encourage walking and after a few days he walked straight over to DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My 12.5 month old isn't even pulling up or cruising. We still have his cot at the highest setting.

I'm not worried, he's happy doing what he's doing and he'll walk when he's ready.

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as shes pulling up and cruising I wouldn't worry. Its a concern if they don't weight bear on their legs at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    My 12.5 month old isn't even pulling up or cruising. We still have his cot at the highest setting.

I'm not worried, he's happy doing what he's doing and he'll walk when he's ready.

Me, he and our two boys
    haha we had her cot at the highest setting for a long time as well. I think I dropped it just before her first birthday. People thought I was crazy but she hadn't figured out how to crawl let alone pull up so why hurt my back when I don't have to