+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sorry I just happened to come across your thread I know it's a little old and sorry if what I've written is a repeat of others as I didn't read the responses. Your boy sounds advanced he could be bored with the curriculum at school, I get that impression from the "my brain is telling me to do bad" comment as though he's bored and wants to creat excitement or something. I don't know what to suggest is there extra classes he could do with older kids or something. Maybe you could get a 2nd opinion from a Childhood nurse to rule out ADHD or something. Best of luck
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 06-11-2014 at 09:00.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Mummy5ormore for your comment! I agree with you, I think he is advanced too. When he is busy and interested in something, he is fantastic. He got this little electrical circuit activity set for his birthday and it kept him engaged and quiet for the entire day!! I was amazed. I'll talk to his teacher next week and see what she recommends.

I finally got an appointment today for a speech assessment, been on the waitlist for 12 months. His speech has improved dramatically during that time and I don't think he needs speech therapy anymore but I will still go to the appointment and see if I can use it as a stepping stone for a referral to a developmental pead or someone as suggested by a pp.

I have also noticed that in the last week since cutting out even more additives, he has calmed down a little more so fingers crossed that keeps having a positive effect.

Thanks so much for your help everyone!! Things are looking up 😊

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (06-11-2014),Mummy5ormore  (06-11-2014)