+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Teething or something else?

My dd is 11 weeks old and has been really out of sorts and clingy for the last few days. She's started dribbling a lot, sucking/gumming on her hands (or anything else that comes near her mouth) and rubbing at her face. Do you think she could be teething? I thought she was too young but I'm not sure what else it could be. Any advice on what I should be doing for her? I hate seeing her upset. She's normally such a happy little girl.

I hope it's ok to follow your post. My DS is 11 weeks and the same. Lots of dribbling and chewing on his dummy.
    Wants to put everything in his mouth. Constantly sucking on his fingers and hand. Quite red cheeks on and off too. He's been wanting lots of cuddles over the last few days. Last night he was very unsettled and up grizzling most of the night which is very unlike him. Usually he sleeps for a six hour stretch then resettles immediately after a feed. I ended up giving him Panadol this morning at 3am as he was crying hard with his 'in pain' cry. He's sleeping on me now (it's 4.30am). I've read that symptoms can start a month before teeth break through. I hope he isn't in pain that long if it is teeth. Poor bub

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS cut his first 2 teeth at 4 months old. His big sister had started dribbling etc at about 3-4 months, but the first 2 didn't cut until 6m. So when he started the dribbling etc I just assumed it was the start of them shifting under the gums but next thing you know one's poking through.

Try some bonjella, if it stops the grizzles then you know it's teeth so some panadol for longer relief at night will help.