+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a small wedding in the Grampians in vic with only 25 guests. It was such a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. We just had immediate family and close friends celebrate with us, had a caterer in to do a spit roast/salad/veggie dinner and everyone stayed at the place so no one had to worry about driving home or getting taxis. My parents got up early the next day and cooked us all an amazing breakky. Was such an amazing weekend with our nearest and dearest.
    All up cost was about $9,000 but we paid for everything for everyone as some friends and family weren't able to afford accommodation or bridal party outfits.
    Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely use a wedding planning list or spreadsheet if you've never been to one or know what to expect. You can find loads online.

I'm an Event Manager by trade so my one piece of advice is think about the two or three things that mean the most to you at a wedding or party & spend more there & cut back elsewhere. For me venue wasn't a big deal so we had a romantic backyard reception. I wanted good food & wine & great music/dancing so I spent more on nice food/drinks & we got a jazz band to play & had a DJ instead of just using an iPod. I didn't want to spend many thousands on a dress so I bought from the States & got it shipped over as Australian prices are ridiculously marked up. I also didn't pay lots for flowers as they weren't as important to me. Same with a photographer, I wanted good quality photos but was happy to print them myself so only got the digital package.

Think about which parts of the day you want to remember the most & go from there. Research online & check out wedding forums for ideas. And most of enjoy the planning process & don't stress over it. Have fun! 😊