+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck emily. I pick my drugs up on wednesday and also have an appointment on how to use the drugs and jab

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! @lileitak I have been told I will get a BT on Saturday to see if I'm ready to start jabbing I believe. But today I have started to get my AF again even though I'm still taking the pill so I am not sure what that means or if it will be a problem.. I'll ask the nurse at my appointment today. Do you know when you start?
    @Kit84 mine was late too to start with. It seems like whenever we need our body to do something it goes and does the opposite!
    @mushy thank you! Fx for you to go ahead with everything soon hope your blood results go well.
    @jasminecook85 thank you! Good luck for your appointment on Wednesday too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. Wondering if I can join in. Im about to embark on our first IVF cycle in Nov... depending on when AF decides to appear. We just found out DH has issues and our only option is IVF. Really very scared/nervous/excited all in one.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Sassssssy sorry you have had to find yourself on this journey but I hope it's a short and successful one for you! I am completely new to it all as well. On my first cycle, possibly starting injections next week for EPU hopefully around 6 November.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we picked up all my drugs today, and was shown how to do the injections. My DH will be doing them. I won't even let myself think about it starting cause I get nervous and I figure there is no good in worrying about it, just have to get in there and get it done!

I will be on 150 puregen?? I hope I've got that right. I know the dose was 150 but may have mixed up which drugs are which haha. It sounds like that might be an average dosage? Anyone know? Just out of curiosity. My blood test is on Saturday to check if I'm ready to start injections. Hope everyone else is doing well xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear god..... the injections my DH almost faints at needles so I have to do it myself! @emily3011 good luck hun! Not sure about the drugs but im sure someone else here can tell u sticky vibes for this cycle!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

We've decided to go again in November after a few months break - looks like things won't kick off until the first or second week in, if all goes to plan I'll O sometime late this week/early next week then it's just the wait for AF to get through but who knows - my body is rarely reliable.

@mushy so sorry to read it turned out to be another blighted ovum, must be so heartbreaking. Did your clinic get on board with the 2ET for your FET?

@Excited1 I'm so sorry to read about how long it took them to sort you out, what a nightmare process. I'm sorry about your ectopic, the whole process sounds so hard. I hope you are feeling ok and are taking care of yourself.

@Tartle what horrid results from the PGD, you must be so disappointed. I hope your next stim is much better and that you're being kind to yourself in the meantime

@Kit84 - good luck cycling for #3, I hope AF gets with the program quickly for you - I hate the whole waiting part of this!

@LittleCrane I was put on melatonin (relatively high dose from the compound pharmacy) with the Dr pretty much saying it can't hurt and it might help - there was a Japanese (I think) study that showed it led to better results but IIRC there was a very small sample size - too small for the study to be statistically or scientifically relevant. But... in this game I'm always willing to try something that might help. I'm not sure there was much improvement to speak of quality wise as our results were all over the shop and we had other issues but I sure slept better and was overall more relaxed while cycling as a result.

@lileitak - I was all out of whack after my last D&C/hysto and the wait drove me bonkers, I hope things go on schedule for you

@Bongley gosh I hope this one is it for you. We're in the same boat (last shot for sibling) we rarely have any frosties and I'm not sure I can justify spending on another stim after this. Plus my son starts school next year and there's the age gap etc. It kills me that this process is so costly and hard. I'll be thinking of you this month

@lissa081 I hope everything goes well this month - failed thaws are so gut-wrenching, I'm sorry to hear it happened to you

@Sharlie my friend got pregnant with her first in the same sort of situation (uterine renovations for massive endo followed by a blind start) - fingers crossed that you get the same x

@jasminecook85 I bet you're getting excited/nervous now, good luck for your drug pick-up

@emily3011 yay for starting, I hope hubby is gentle with the injections. 150 puregon is a pretty standard dose for a first-go-round, after your first scan you'll be able to see your response and they'll go from there.

@Sasssssy my hubby faints at needles too so I'm totally on my own come cycle time (he can't even see me prep the shots and I once got him to faint by mixing pregnyl in front of him) but they're really not that bad to do yourself. At least these days most injects are subcutaneous (into the fatty tissue) - it's the intramuscular ones that can be horrible (think tetanus). I think the first few of my very first cycle I did with my eyes closed but these days I don't even blink - I even gave myself my last B12 shot rather than take it to the nurse You'll get the hang of it quick and be a pro within a few days

I think I got everyone sorry, sorry if I missed someone.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalliope For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-10-2014),Excited1  (20-10-2014),ilex  (21-10-2014),mushyxxx  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    looks like you are all progressing on, it gets exciting the closer you get to starting
    @emily3011 and @Sasssssy the needles are not that bad I had to give mine to myself as my husband is afraid of needles lol there were a few times where I counted to 3 a couple times lol in the end it is worth it

I am so nervouse coming into this cycle I can't wait to get off the pill but I just really hope when we get to transfer that we get a good one to thaw this time so we can have a full cycle yay for getting closer

Good luck to you all and loads of baby dusts to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @kalliope greek? nice handle

Wow, you have been through the wars, I'm sorry its been such a tough journey for you

"I once got him to faint by mixing pregnyl in front of him" that made me chuckle, almost as though you did it on purpose

Yes, this is our last round and I don't have much hope for it to be honest. Rolling the dice knowing you have another few shots at it is one thing but hoping to hit the jackpot on your last roll is another. I am booking time off work around the time I know if its worked or not. Think we might go to Tassie and relish how easy it is for a small family to go on holiday.
    @emily3011 yep, that sounds pretty standard but it all depends on how you respond to the dose. I was on 125 for ages (any more and I over stimulate) and they've just bumped me up to 175.
    @Lissa81 good luck with your frostie thawing. I've never had to go through that particular IVF torture, silver linings and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @emily3011 - that is confusing. jeez...

@Sasssssy - Welcome! There are a few of us with firsts this round, so you're in good company. I debated DH giving me the shots, but I think I'll do them myself with the exception of the trigger shot. I hear that one is a bit bigger...
    @Bongley - that is both cruel and hilarious. Try to stay positive. There have been a heap of BFP's lately for women who were on their last cycle. We've got everything crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else I missed! Here is to a great month.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-10-2014)