+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emily3011 View Post
    Hi ladies, my AF was late and only lasted one day, I am thinking perhaps it was due to stress? I'm meant to be doing my first EPU this cycle. Does anyone know if this is likely to cause any problems with starting IVF this cycle? I will give the nurse a call on Monday but thought perhaps some of you might have an idea if this is an issue? Probably a dumb question sorry... I'm just worrying and thought I'd put it out there.
    Hi @emily3011 this happened to me with my last cycle and the nurses told me to treat it like a normal period (she though that I might not have had much lining to shed) but I do the long reg where I go on the pill and get another period before stims. Hope it goes ok for you.
    @lissa081 welcome
    Last edited by Bongley; 12-10-2014 at 06:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Sharlie sorry for your loss

What is triggering blind? Must admit, I'd be happy to never have another period again!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissa081 I really felt for you in sept with the failed thaw, so glad to see all is on track for now. Hope the cycle goes well as it definitely sounds like this is a lucky month have fun with the twin bday, will keep you busy! I know what you mean about the pill, I hate it too as it makes me a grumpy hormonal cow! Fingers crossed this goes well x
    @emily3011 I had exactly the same with my AF before this cycle which obviously ended in a BFP (albeit a really screwed up one!). I only bled for a day and a half, I also had a really long cycle after it with the fet, I didn't ovulate til day 26!! So don't stress too much and good luck for the cycle
    @Sharlie welcome! Hope you are feeling well after your pelvic renovations - that make me laugh sorry to hear about your loss also and I hope this cycle treats you better and it is very sticky this time. I am about to have laparoscopic surgery on Monday to try and find an ectopic preg and am a bit worried about what else they will find how long did it take you to recover if you don't mind me asking?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

lissa081  (12-10-2014),Sharlie  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Sharlie sorry for your loss

What is triggering blind? Must admit, I'd be happy to never have another period again!
    Thank you for your thoughts.

Yeah I'm not so sure about never having another period. I mean, sounds super convenient in theory, but being on medication permanently is not really my thing. I'll deal with that if and when I need to. Hopefully I'll get preggo this round and won't have to worry about decision making for 10 months. This is one thing I've learned doing fert treatments is to put off what you don't need to deal with right now, and at a certain point to relinquish control to the doctor whenever you feel comfortable doing so (very unlike me who used to question and research and need to understand everything that's being done to me). It's too overwhelming doing anything else right now except delaying thinking about it.

Triggering blind? I'm not sure that its the medical term but they don't want me to have a day 1 before cycling. No period, I will just start injecting.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Excited1 View Post
    @Sharlie I am about to have laparoscopic surgery on Monday to try and find an ectopic preg and am a bit worried about what else they will find how long did it take you to recover if you don't mind me asking?
    The D&C after the miscarriage I bled and clotted very heavily for a long time, over two-weeks post operation, plus I was bleeding lightly from about week 6 during the pregnancy. I probably didn't take enough pain medication regularly enough or time off, after the D&C, in hindsight. The pain probably got temporarily to 7/10 for an hour or two but most of the time was 4 or 5/10 and kept in check with over the counter codeine /ibuprofen tabs. Given I know now I have severe endometriosis perhaps the pain and bleeding might be less for others.

I didn't have a fun time with the laparoscopic surgery (not just a laparoscopy). I had a minor septate removed vaginally, then via laparoscopic surgery (4 incisions) they went in for a 3cm fibroid, when they got in they discovered Grade 4 severe endometriosis which was so thick it had encased and moved my bowels, they released the bowel and removed the endo. The fibroid was not actually a fibroid but an endometrial mass called an Adenomyoma which has fingers and they needed to cut it out vs a fibroid that just peels out of the uterus. While they were in there they also sewed my uterus to the front of my pelvic wall (it had also shifted and was falling back). So yeah, total reno's.

That's all longhand for extensive surgery, which means that the 8/10 pelvic pain post surgery may not be what you experience. I will also say the nursing staff did not have me pee until many hours after the surgery which immediately reduced the pain from 8/10 to 4/10 which was maddening as you can't actually feel a need to urinate after surgery and that may have been what it was all along. I expect if my bladder had been emptied perhaps 4 - 5/10 would have been expected post-surgery, quite manageable and not scary at all.

I will also warn you that you can sometimes get chest and right shoulder pain after laparoscopic surgery, from the medical gas they use to inflate you, it can get trapped and presses on a nerve in your diaphragm, referring through your shoulder and chest which I experienced unfortunately at 10/10 - I assume in the vicinity of labour pain - for minutes at a time. I had to go to the ER and get readmitted to hospital for pain relief. Please remember that most people don't have this pain, certainly not at that level, I think the longer and more extensive the surgery the higher the risk (mine ended up being close to 3 hrs). I wished I had known about it in advance, the pain would not have been as scary (feels like you're having a heart attack and being winded at the same time) and I could have prepared for it.

If you do get it, walking around and deep breathing helps dissipate the gas within 48 hrs, sitting/sleeping propped upright, heat pack on shoulder... and the pain isn't there all the time, I had maybe 6 bouts of it over 24 hrs, lessening down to none by 48hrs. But narcotics are the only thing that touches that pain so if you get the pain, insist on the good stuff.

From a pelvic perspective I'm going back to work tomorrow (Surgery weds, work mon) but I expect I'll be on Panadol or ibuprofen all week. I'll cone home early if needs be. My pelvic pain from 48hrs onwards is almost 0, just taking Panadol. Everyone's different but I think 5 days of taking it easy is fine - without overdoing it you're better off moving around as soon as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Sharlie so much for the info. Have excruciating cramping going on now, never felt anything like it in my life. Almost looking forward to whatever they have to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Excited1 - good luck today and try to stay positive. Every (painful) step is a one closer to bringing home a bub. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Excited1 I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 let us know how you go. x