+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak I have thought of this too funnily enough. My colleagues love a drink and it usually join for one on a Friday or for social events so I know they will be suspicious... Not sure what I will do. The driving excuse will only get me so far I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @emily3011 my plan is to 1) switch to "spirits" when possible, and then drink diet coke or soda water with a lemon, and 2) find some sparkling apple juice (or something) hide the bottle and be sneaky about filling my glass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mushy Those are some good ideas! I might have to think of some similar but less personal excuses. I'm not that close to my colleagues so I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing any medical info (even if it is made up lol). This could work for close friends though, if I'm fortunate enough to need an excuse...

How is everyone going? My cycle was meant to start on Sunday but it's late and if it doesn't come by Thursday my FS said it will push back the dates I can start with FSH and EPU. I am not sure if I have to wait a whole other month or what... (It's an issue due to the availability of the private hospital operating theatre as I'm in darwin and the FS clinic only has access to it on certain days). Feeling a bit sad at the moment as I don't think it will be here by Thursday and I had my heart set on starting soon. But I'm sure it will work out in the end and this is just the beginning of being patient!!

How is everyone else? I was on the October thread too but finding it so hard to keep up! My EPU was originally scheduled for around 6 November. FSH meant to start around 23 Oct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, wish I was chiming in with a better update. The possible positive was confirmed as a BFN on Friday. Yesterday came the news that none of the 3 embryos undergoing PGD made it through. All were abnormal. I know this is the same odds as tossing a coin and getting tails 3 times in a row but still, I am gutted

That leaves us with one untested frosty, so it looks like I am heading into another stimulated cycle in Nov. Just so disappointing as I was bouying myself up after the negative pregnancy result with the thought that we'd be doing a frozen transfer in a few weeks.

On the positive side, at least we went ahead with the testing, so we are not wasting 3 tries with embryos that were never going to make it.

Hope everyone else is doing better, I think I will just be avoiding Christmas drinks as much as possible this year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tartle I'm so sorry to hear your news that must be so disappointing. Thinking of you and I hope your next stim cycle goes really smoothly for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

Tartle  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My AF started today and I've never been so happy to see it. Hopefully this means I can start my first stim cycle as scheduled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @emily3011 - can you get the meds ahead of time? or do you think it's just the timing of the EPU that would cause the delay?
    @Tartle so sorry hun xx I expect that result is tough, but like you said better to know ahead of time than to go through several failed transfers. fingers crossed november is your month!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Tartle  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak I spoke to the nurse today and so far it's still ok, I have made it just in time. It's the timing of the EPU which is the issue, so not sure of the ins and outs but I think I had to have enough time to be on the pill to time the start of my injenctions so I'd be ready for the date they have the operating theatre available?!

So tomorrow I start the pill for 2 weeks then if my blood test shows a good baseline level for hormones on 25th Oct I can start my injections. I'm getting a bit nervous now but only about whether it will go smoothly and work out for the EPU to be successful. I'm not worried about the injections
    Or procedure yet... How are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with everyone that will be beginning their cycles in November! I was due to start cycling in November as well but we've had to postpone now until early next year due to a medical issue that cropped up that needs to be seen to first. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @LittleCrane sorry to hear you've been delayed that would be so disappointing. But I hope you have a nice relaxing Christmas and New Year so you can get back into it refreshed in the new year!