+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    Thank you for the advice @mushy and @lileitak! Will get a referral. Been doing some research so I think I know who I want to see

What state are you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am morning and nightime liletak! You are lucky you only get to do it once. And yet again different methods used by the same company..have u got pcos? Am wondering if thats why I am doing it twice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jasminecook85 & @lileitak IVF is a tailored solution - different clinics under the same brand, even different doctors at the same clinic will have different preferred protocols. It's also tailored to your situation - your blood tests, investigative history and previous cycle history will also help inform the protocol they choose for your first cycle and your response to the drugs etc will help them tweak it along the way.

I'm also with Monash (GC) and our embies are reported on daily which I find so reassuring. I like to know what's going on so I can prepare myself.

@jasminecook85 With the crinone - you won't necessarily have to take it until 12 weeks if you get pregnant, it will depend on your levels at beta and they will assess at each visit after so buying box by box is smart You're right, it's likely that you are on 2 per day because of PCOS as often PCOS girls naturally have low progesterone so need added support.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kalliope For This Useful Post:

jasminecook85  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kalliope - I fully agree with regard to each person's protocol, but I'd have thought that Monash IVF has standard procedures from a clinical perspective. For example, while I have a specific FS, any doctor under the Monash umbrella (in VIC) could be on to do my EPU or ET/FET. Additionally, the same embryologist / nurses are used by all Monash patients (within certain clinics), so I'd expect more to be the same that it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay.... I'm back. Won't know progesterone yet since only had bloods at lunch time - but I had my second scan, and so far I have around 14 follicles! (There were only 7 measureable ones on Friday!)

I have to have one more blood test tomorrow to check E2 levels (they're still weirdly low and don't match the follies yet) and see what happens. Trigger is tomorrow night. I'm praying desperately for a fresh transfer.... but yeah, it'll depend on what happens over the next few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kalliope wow im glad you are on here haha gives me reassurance about what I think and where im headed. Thank you
    @mrsjaguar fingerscrossed your levels will go up. Mine were low too and they had to increase it and move my trigger day back 2 days . Hopefully worse case scenario you just have to trigger a day or 2 later. do you have 14follies at a good size or 14follies all up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jasminecooke85 - I think it was 14 follies >14mm, a few are over 20!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    @kalliope - I fully agree with regard to each person's protocol, but I'd have thought that Monash IVF has standard procedures from a clinical perspective. For example, while I have a specific FS, any doctor under the Monash umbrella (in VIC) could be on to do my EPU or ET/FET. Additionally, the same embryologist / nurses are used by all Monash patients (within certain clinics), so I'd expect more to be the same that it is.
    Sorry I dont understan. So do you mean that you have a fs that doesnt do the transfer. My dr/fs/gyno works with monash clinic. He tells them what drugs to give and monitors my blood tests and scans does the epu and et. I usually go in and see him and conveniently walk next door to monash and the nurses explain more in detail what the go is. And the scientist from monash calls me about the eggs. I agree it should be same sort of protocols but obviously different methods tailored to you. Maybe my clinic has different lab stuff so they can monitor them without disturbing but if this is the case all monash clinics should have that. Cos it is nice to know. But it is what it is. Its not that very long to wait.5days max. But still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminecook85 View Post
    Sorry I dont understan. So do you mean that you have a fs that doesnt do the transfer. My dr/fs/gyno works with monash clinic. He tells them what drugs to give and monitors my blood tests and scans does the epu and et. I usually go in and see him and conveniently walk next door to monash and the nurses explain more in detail what the go is. And the scientist from monash calls me about the eggs. I agree it should be same sort of protocols but obviously different methods tailored to you. Maybe my clinic has different lab stuff so they can monitor them without disturbing but if this is the case all monash clinics should have that. Cos it is nice to know. But it is what it is. Its not that very long to wait.5days max. But still.
    Disclaimer: this is my understanding, so I might be wrong.

Each FS under the Monash IVF umbrella has their own practice, and are affiliated with Monash IVF. When it comes to ART specific procedures, I could happen to get any doctor roastered on that day. But, FS sets my protocol, all my appointments and other fertility related stuff are with her specifically. E.g. FS did my lapro / hysto and dye tests, but another Dr within Monash did my egg retrieval. By sheer luck, FS did my ET - but only because she was on the day it was scheduled. All this was outlined in the agreement signed with Monash IVF which I think is for both VIC and QLD.

Additionally, I am assigned a nurse who works directly with my FS, but have dealt with other nurses if results come in when she isn't working. (She is PT).

The lab variances might just be the lab. I'd guess most people in VIC get the same updates as I do. (Or at least those using Hawthorn / Richmond).

Thanks
    Reviews
    There would have to be some standard procedural stuff, so much of IVF is reactive so I guess that from a patient side perspective it's hard to see. I always figured that the IVF process would be the most complicated flowchart ever because there is just so much "if X then Y" type variation.

I also believe QLD and VIC work differently so maybe there is a more consistent approach out of VIC and I know you guys have to deal with more state based legislation than we do so that could impact it all was well.

Either way I hope neither of you have to do more than one cycle so you don't experience any other way

AF finally arrived - after 12 so looks like it's CD1 for me tomorrow, just waiting for the nurse to call me back to confirm.