+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know as I find it so confusing. I had severe pain after my EPU but it is gradually improving. I was faint and vomited once the day of my EPU but that has improved too and could have been the anaesthetic. I feel a little bloated but it isn't getting any worse and I haven't put weight on, and I've also read somewhere that bloating is normal after EPU? The dr said I'm at risk cause I got so many eggs and that they might get me to come in on Monday to check me out which will put my mind at ease. I'm still sore and mostly bed ridden but it's much better and I can get myself around to the toilet etc now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy View Post
    Yes you can on my 1st cycle I only got 10 eggs collected my e2 was sky high and I got ohss
    Re read the posts. My pain was with 4 eggs, you can not get ohss with 4 eggs was my point.
    I also had a mild case when my e2 was right up there and I had had 11 eggs. Did you have ascites drained with 10 eggs? If not, your case was also mild.

However, some people are more sensitive than others, we are not sure why, but you don't end up in hospital being drained usually unless you're pregnant.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 09-11-2014 at 12:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emily3011 View Post
    I don't know as I find it so confusing. I had severe pain after my EPU but it is gradually improving. I was faint and vomited once the day of my EPU but that has improved too and could have been the anaesthetic. I feel a little bloated but it isn't getting any worse and I haven't put weight on, and I've also read somewhere that bloating is normal after EPU? The dr said I'm at risk cause I got so many eggs and that they might get me to come in on Monday to check me out which will put my mind at ease. I'm still sore and mostly bed ridden but it's much better and I can get myself around to the toilet etc now.
    As long as you don't have diarrhoea and vomiting or shortness of breath you should be right. After 19 eggs I was pretty knocked around. That's a lot of needles in the guts so to speak. I just stayed in bed and came good but my e2 never got horribly bad but I did look 6 months pregnant at one point. Bloating is definitely normal after EPU. Hang in there missy. Glad to hear your pain is getting better. It probably took me around 6 weeks for the bloating to resolve after that. Don't stress and call the nurse if you're worried. Keep your fluids up, wear your fat pants with pride.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 09-11-2014 at 12:39.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

jasminecook85  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 thanks so much that has put my mind at ease! I keep second guessing myself and worrying about every symptom. It's good to hear about your experience. Fingers crossed I'll keep getting better each day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminecook85 View Post
    Thanks emily and liletak.

liletak goodluck for your epu..how many eggs do they reckon your gonna get?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

No idea. Last scan I had 52 follies! Crazy, but only around 10 were over 15mm. That was Friday, so hope there's been some growth. FS said she'd like 12 for me if I recall correctly. I'll take as many as I can get, so to avoid another stim cycle.

I'm still burning from the Pregnyl shot. Horrible

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

jasminecook85  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    No idea. Last scan I had 52 follies! Crazy, but only around 10 were over 15mm. That was Friday, so hope there's been some growth. FS said she'd like 12 for me if I recall correctly. I'll take as many as I can get, so to avoid another stim cycle.

I'm still burning from the Pregnyl shot. Horrible
    lilietak wow, are you a pcos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    lilietak wow, are you a pcos?
    Nope. FS just thought she'd be aggressive with the first cycle since she didn't know what to expect.

Our only issue is that my tubes are blocked from scarring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm still bloated and feeling less than 100% and am meant to be starting crinone tonight. Something with a common side effect of more bloating and abdominal pain I really wish I could just recover 100% before starting this next phase. I'm hoping to get an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to be checked properly for OHSS and determine whether I can go forward with a fresh cycle. To be honest I just don't want to go forward with a transfer and more drugs while I'm feeling rubbish. I want to be completely recovered. But I feel like I can't ignore my instructions by not taking the crinone tonight... Sorry for the vent I'm just a bit sick of lying in bed waiting to get better!

Did anyone else start with crinone before feeling better from the EPU? Has anyone else experienced side effects from crinone gel 8% ?

Thanks again for all your help and advice so far ladies. Not sure what I'd do without you guys x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @mushy! Good to know it didn't make you worse. I guess it's only one night and therefore one dose before I hopefully speak to the doctor too... But you make a good point about listening to my body and doing what I feel is best too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies @emily3011 I got Ohss from 12 eggs collected but I think it is a very individual reaction you really need to listen to your body. On my 2nd cycle I had 12 eggs and my pain was not too bad but I did feel a little out of breath within the first 2 days it didn't get worse till 5days post 3dt I started to go downhill and got more bloated noticeably I was more out of breath and I noticed I wasn't going to the bathroom as much also (Tmi) the color was getting darker at 10dp3dt I got a Bfp and the next day I had a blood test but before the results came back I was in hospital my body hurt all over and I had put on 5 kilos since before epu I was havi g trouble breathing it basically sucked the doctor had trouble getting any blood as my veins were dehydrated he said so I was admitted and was there for a week being measured and weighed daily on a drip in the end I had gained just over 12 kilos of fluid and they had wanted to drain me but decided against as I was pregnant with twins. I have never felt so sick at 12 weeks pregnant I was still carrying fluid my fs said at a scan my intestines were floating lol
    I don't want to scare you but get the bloods and follow your fs they want you to get the best result.
    I have my For you