+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and I tried offering her a dummy at 5am though she's never taken one before. She kept it in for a few seconds, I got excited....then spat it out and pushed it away. Lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck OP! Sounds like a pretty good first night. I used Jay Gordon's technique when DS was around the same age as your little one. I was so over the frequent night feeds. I thought it would be a disaster but it actually worked quite well and definitely improved his sleeping. I hope it works for you too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night 2 update:

Woke up twice. Quickly asleep after unlatched her at 11:45. Woke again at 02:00. Bit harder to settle when I unlatched this time l. Walked around with her, cuddling, she eventually fell asleep right on top of me while I was laying down, after an hour. Then slept until 0625. Good result so far!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night 3:

She slept all night until 0500 when DS called out and she got woken up. Pretty amazing, she never sleeps that long and I've hardly done anything so far! I kept waking up in the night though as I'm not used to getting such a long stretch of sleep. I'm thinking that if she wakes tonight I'll still treat tonight like night 3 and feed but break her off early so she's got a little more time to adjust before I cut out feeds altogether between 11-6. As she didn't get any practice last night!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like it's going really well so far! I hope it continues for you. Enjoy the extra sleep!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great job! Can I give you a light hearted warning....... Three weeks after I night weaned I had all the symptoms that AF was coming back. Never came. Two weeks later- POAS AND IM PREGNANT! You have been warned..... 😉

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Great job! Can I give you a light hearted warning....... Three weeks after I night weaned I had all the symptoms that AF was coming back. Never came. Two weeks later- POAS AND IM PREGNANT! You have been warned..... 😉
    Ha, thanks for the warning!
    AF came back 9 months post partum for me even though I was feeding around the clock so fingers crossed I'm aware enough to not let that happen just yet....I'd like some sleep before my next baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you follow The Milk Meg? She is doing gentle night weaning of her toddler and has some awesome blog posts, tips and clips about it. She's an IBCLC too... Highly recommend

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulmama For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (16-10-2014),HollyGolightly81  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmama View Post
    Do you follow The Milk Meg? She is doing gentle night weaning of her toddler and has some awesome blog posts, tips and clips about it. She's an IBCLC too... Highly recommend
    Thank you I haven't heard of her so will take a look.

My DD has actually got better mainly of her own accord without me having to really do much at all. All of a sudden. We are down to one wake up a night and sometimes she sleeps though until 5am. Much better. So I'm not pushing her too hard at the moment and still feed for that one wake up. Will wait until she's a few months older I think before trying to stop altogether as this is so much more sleep than I've been used to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So did you not end up doing the Jay Gordon thing? I will just add I'm in the same boat with my 13 mth old DD. Somewhere around 1 year of age she has been mostly on 1 wake-up requiring a feed but she goes straight back to sleep. As we side-car her cot I don't have to get out of bed, I just sit up to feed then transfer her back to her cot. I am definitely feeling more rested this way so I'll just wait and see what happens. Can you keep us up to date with how things go Bond Girl?