+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My brother and I have birthdays 2 days apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Friends have 3 kids in 10 days. My SIL's waters broke with her second on the firsts birthday - she had to do some swift talking at the hospital to get the Caesar delayed till after midnight.

Ds2 and ds3 had the same due date. They ended up 7 days apart.

The biggest hassle was not knowing when to have ds2's birthday - didn't want to be in labour so we ended up postponing until after I had bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ds1: 17/09/2011

Ds2: 17/08/2013

DD: 13/08/2014

There have been many jokes made at our expense but I don't care, I love having their birthdays close together!
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 21-09-2014 at 09:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any jealousy or issues or is it more festive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Neither. It's exhausting, but we tend to throw big parties for all the kids.

My middle 2 are a month apart with Easter in the middle. My brother and my father and I are all in the same month. Never any jealousy at all but it's just tiring.

It's certainly not something I would go out of my way to plan to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS1 doesn't like having combined birthdays - but I'll be honest, there is no way in heck that I would be throwing 3 separate parties in 12 days to be honest. So he just needs to learn to get over it!.

I wouldn't go out of my way either, it costs too much all at once

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second and third child are 3 weeks apart. It makes for an expensive time of year, but at least they're in the middle of the year so I have time to recover before my first child's bday and Christmas, which are 4 weeks apart.

There's no jealousy or anything like that. I've done a combined party once (maybe twice?) when they were younger; I guess I just felt like I was asking too much of people to come to two events so close together, so I combined them. I would never do that now that they're older though, so it means two parties close together. I always host my own parties so it is a lot of work (and money), but I love doing it so it's fun for me. I guess it gets it out of the way all together though, so I feel like I'm on a party-planning-cake-baking roll with the first one so then I just continue straight to the next one. Also last year I gently convinced my youngest child to have the same theme as my middle child, so I just re-used all the same party stuff for both parties! LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine are only very young so can't answer sorry. Just yesterday we did a joint birthday party for the boys at the water park. Ds2s birthday was a month ago but I was in hospital still after having a csection so we decided to just celebrate both together.

I like lilmiss idea about a joint party then on their actual birthday having a cake and special dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope no jealousy with ours. Its how we've always done it so its really all they know. They have an absolute ball and they love having all our family and friends together.

And then yeah on their actual birthday they get to pick a special dinner and a cake so each individual birthday is still special.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are too young ATM. This year they will have joint 1st and 2nd bday party. Then we will prob start doing seperate.