+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 50/50 chance of miscarriage. Scanned too early? Please help.

Hi
    please advice because I'm in a pickle here.
    so by my dates I should be 6w 4d. I had a scan yesterday and the results showed:
    no heartbeat/foetal pole
    sac measuring 6 weeks

my dates could be out by a bit but I am certain not over a week.

My doctor has taken bloods today and will again on Monday and she said this will indicate if it's a no go.

She said it could go either way but not to get my hopes up. I go overseas on Friday for 5 days so the timing is not great. She said in terms of the miscarriage just to let nature run its course even if I'm away. Does this sound right?

i am devastated this might happen. Do you think there could be any chance the pole will develop soon and it was just too soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not sure if this helps or not, but when I fell pregnant, by dates the Dr said I should be 6 weeks. My ultrasound showed nothing at all. No sac or anything. I then went through 2 weeks of worry that I could have an ectopic pregnancy. At my next ultrasound they could see everything, and I only measured 5 weeks 6 days. So somehow my dates were off by 2 weeks and we still don't know how. That could be the case right now. Try to keep calm but I completely understand how hard a time of unknowing is. Best of luck, keep us posted.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    Im not sure if this helps or not, but when I fell pregnant, by dates the Dr said I should be 6 weeks. My ultrasound showed nothing at all. No sac or anything. I then went through 2 weeks of worry that I could have an ectopic pregnancy. At my next ultrasound they could see everything, and I only measured 5 weeks 6 days. So somehow my dates were off by 2 weeks and we still don't know how. That could be the case right now. Try to keep calm but I completely understand how hard a time of unknowing is. Best of luck, keep us posted.

thanks for replying. I guess implantation can be late and ovulation later too. The 'boys' can hang around for up to three days apparently!
    I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my second blood test tomorrow..... Nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep the hcg rose but not by enough. I am preparing for the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs acerbaby, I'm in the same situation at the moment and it really sucks xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Big hugs acerbaby, I'm in the same situation at the moment and it really sucks xox
    It does doesn't it. I still feel pregnant with sickness so that makes it worse. Last night I woke up screaming because I thought I saw a man in the room who'd come to take my baby away.
    I am also soooooo wussy about blood medical procedures that I am worries about the actual nitty gritty of it aswell as the emotional side to it.
    Hugs to you too.x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For what it's worth, my m/c at 6 weeks was just like a period. No excessive amounts of blood, no pain (physically anyway!). If I hadn't had a positive test, I would have assumed it was just a late period. Some m/c are physically awful and others are not. I hope it's not m/c though xx