Closed Thread
Page 79 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @babygirl7 - yay for a fert report!! So happy that you have some little embies growing and that we'll be 2WW buddies. I don't know about you but I've already got the crazies and I don't even have an embie in me yet. I can tell its gunna be a complete head spin😯

So - question for all you ladies with previous BFP's..

What can you do/not do whilst PUPO? Any foods to avoid? Can you still exercise? Anything that's proven to help implantation? Any advice appreciated

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk - ET 9th Oct!
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 08-10-2014 at 06:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopingisfading thanks - I usually only collect about 8 and end up with one good one and one which is ok so usually they transfer both as the ok one is not good enough to freeze
    @amiracle4me I was always told to treat your body as if it were pregnant, I reduce my exercise and watch what I eat- some say that eating pineapple core (to get the bromelaine or however you spell it) helps implantation I'm not so sure.... GL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 good luck for scan today hun; hope it shows all is on track for EPU on Fri! 😊 xx

@babygirl7 good things come in 3's - hope this rings true for your 3 lil musketeers 😘 xx

@loulabubble best of luck for scan & BT today hun xx

@amiracle4me I second what @Rarah11 said re treating your body as though it's pregnant. Everyone is different tho & others just carry on as normal - but I tend to err on the side of caution. e.g reduce exercise, lay off the processed meats & sushi etc. Also ensuring not to raise your core temperature so no baths, spas etc.

What time is transfer hun? xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (09-10-2014),loulabubble  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    @babygirl7 - 3 out of 5 isn't a bad result, but I completely understand your disappointment in not having many if any backups. I hope they all do some quick growing for you and you have a frosty available.
    @ScubaGal - I decided I won't POAS until the weekend. I know how I react to seeing just the one line, and I won't be in a fit state to go to work afterwards so I'm going to wait til the weekend. Although on Saturday (I'm a bit of a hobby photographer in my spare time) I have agreed to take some photos of my friend and her beautiful newborn baby girl. Might have to wait til Sunday...ah we'll see.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN
    That's a good decision, no point POAS just to feed my addiction besides I've got a new addiction. Turns out sticks are a gateway drug to scans...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB thanks! I hope so too...
    @amiracle4me yes minimise raising body temp I think that is why no exercise but again everyone does it their own way!

Quick question does anyone know if there is a reason why my DH should not be taking hay fever prior to doing his part for the process!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 you mean stop taking hayfever meds hun like antihistamines? I haven't heard/been told that before..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB yes - spoke to FN and she said no reason not to it's what you do in the three months before...

Scan looks good had 7 follies, probably 3/4 good ones! Had a slight internal panic when I went in for the scan again - need to get a grip sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pregnancyhopes I have had 1 cycle with 'natural' fetilization at 50% and 1 cycle with ICSI & HA at a disappointing 25% fertilization rate so in my case it was not a better outcome but I may have just been unlucky.

for your transfer today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 & @KayzB I suffer from hay fever and talked to FS and doctor that did my transfer as I am not coping well this Spring and was told it was fine to take an antihistamine that is suitable for pregnant women. Phernergan was approved but when I went to the chemist and spoke to the pharmacist he said there is an even safer one for pregnant women and I have that in case of an allergy attack. I did google it as I am on my 2ww and some reports say taking allergy medicine impedes implantation and others say it assists and to take it even if you have no allergies as sometimes the body rejects the embryo thinking it is an allergen and antihistamines help with overall inflammation. So conflicting reports.

AFM - 2 days before beta and I am even more calmer than I have been if this is possible, I feel like I have just come back from a relaxing holiday?! does progesterone do this?! sorry to rub it in for those of you climbing the walls. Bit baffling. BUT I can assure you come Friday afternoon good or bad news I will for certain lose my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 thats a great fertilisation rate xx hope they grow strong next few days, are you doing 5dt?

@loulabubble best wishes for scans xx

@amiracle4me I lay off caffeine and excessive processed sugar, I have heard about pineapple core as well. I also read somewhere no orgasms for a while
    @Rarah11 great scan xx
    @ScubaGal are you going to buy an at home scanner? I have seen it on TV, unsure if it is safe but you can look at your baby all day everyday. I have also seen super expensive baby monitors, if baby stops breathing for more than a few seconds an alarm is set off. I am the last of my friendship group to have a kid so I have seen it all over the years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (09-10-2014),loulabubble  (08-10-2014)