Closed Thread
Page 78 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat I'm really sorry about your endo. You sound like you've been through the wringer. It truly is a bugger of a disease. I had surgery last year, and they did a big clean up then. From memory the op took about 3-ish hours or so? They removed a large endometrioma then, and deep infiltrative endo from both ovaries, both fallopian tubes, outside of uterus, ligaments, peritoneum, bladder, bowel, pouch of douglas... you name it, it had endo on/in it

Unfortunately it has come back though, and we found another endometrioma during my last ivf cycle which has essentially knocked lefty out of the game. FS wants to try and avoid further surgery unless absolutely necessary for now and just wants to monitor it. It's inevitable that I'll need another op at some point, but the priority at the moment is trying to get pregnant and FS reckons surgery can suppress ovarian function while it's all healing and wouldn't lead to a much better ivf result..? If this cycle doesn't work we might revisit the issue though. We'll see...

Not fun, hey! I so hear you in being over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pregnancyhopes welcome and don't give up just yet things turn around. On our first IVF cycle we did both IVF and ICSI out of the 9 eggs collected 5 were left to do their thing and 4 were helped. the 5 IVF fertilized and only 1 fertilized with ICSI so we are only doing IVF this round. Everyone is different.
    @KayzB I sympathize with you I have EPU Friday and my partner has to work I have to get a taxi home. Men just have no idea

@Gelati you get your 3. Thinking of you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope Is Fading For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati don't worry hun, I had my scan Monday and I two had two at 17mm+ and the rest (about 6 around 13mm and less...) that was my first scan and was day 9 too.. they can grow quite a bit in one day, I have second scan tomorrow and will probably go to EPU Friday (normally mine is day 11 ..)
    @amiracle4me you sound exactly like me - i worry that it won't happen if i am not pessimistic and if I'm too pessimistic and it's a BFN I will be more devastated... you just cannot win!
    @Pregnancyhopes my clinic is the same - FX all good X
    @Bongley I find the same with my DH, I know he cares but sometimes I feel like he doesn’t get it….

@Hopeisfading we’ll be cycle buddies, my EPU is Friday – unless something strange happens….
    @Ladydee scans are ok, to be honest I’ve become a meh about the whole thing I guess to avoid being too invested in it in case it doesn’t work…. On plus side I always look forward to a good general anesthetic J I have had a fresh cycle cancelled after EPU (due to progesterone being too high…) and went straight into FET

@babygirl7 how are you going?
    @Ree888 I’m not a POAS kind of girl, no idea why – guess because I have never seen a positive one so I give it a miss….
    @straycat mine has not really said much about my reserve, like you my FSH is ok, I did try DHEA to not effect, which was a waste of 3 months… I’m now on Saizen which is a growth hormone along with melatonin and 500 menopur! What vitamins did they recommend I just do the normal ones – also be keen to know what food / diet they suggested?

hope everyone else is travelling well

AFM - tomorrow is my second scan and I am now expecting EPU to be friday - cannot wait to stop all these injections although I have pregnyl this cycle and will be starting clexane for NK cells so guess i don't completely get rid of them....
    Last edited by Rarah11; 07-10-2014 at 20:28.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (07-10-2014),Hope Is Fading  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Pregnancyhopes welcome I've only done ICSI so don't have a comparison but my last cycle I got 6 eggs and only 1 fertilised and then this cycle I got 5 eggs 4 fertilised and 3 blasts at day 5 so each cycle can be very different. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for epu friday @Rarah11

@amiracle4me BT showed oestrogen finally rising so back for BT and scan tomorrow, hopefully have ET next week. Good luck for your ET thurs, so excited for you its hard not to seing between optimism & pessimism, its quite the rollercoaster this ivf business

@babygirl7 any update on fertilisation? Hope u are feeling better love

8. The Following User Says Thank You to loulabubble For This Useful Post:

Rarah11  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnancyhopes View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im new to this

This is my first IVF Cycle and its a bad start! Im 28, ttc naturally for almost 2 years, mild endo and DH has borderline good sperm. We got 9 eggs, 7 mature and only 2 fertilised. Only one has half a chance of making it to day 5. its Day 4 and transfer is scheduled for tomorrow if its going ahead. Im with genea and its protocol that they dont check the embryo today on Day 4 and we have to wait till tomorrow.

On day 3, my enbryo was a 5 cells and a Grade 2. It is suppoed to be at least 7-9 cells on Day 3.

next time were going to do ICSI. Does anyone have a simliar story to me with poor fertilization rates and then got better rates with ICSI?
    Hi @Pregnancyhopes I was only able to do ICSI so I don't have anything to compare it too but I do think ICSI gets you more bang for your buck. I went through Genea also and I have a lot of faith in their science and process. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee hope the tww isn't making you too crazy hun

@Ree888 hang in there hun, sending you sticky baby dust

@straycat sending you positive vibes for Fridays BT hun

@Bongley big cuddles hun

@Hope Is Fading good luck for scan tomorrow and keep growing follies

@Gelati keep growing follies, will you have another scan hun?

@Pregnancyhopes welcome hun and good luck for transfer tomorrow

@amiracle4me thanks for thinking of me hun & yay we can be transfer buddies whooo hoo, should get my time tomorrow arvo... Bring in Thursday hun xo

@Rarah11 hope all goes well for scan tomorrow and you can move forward to EPU yay

@loulabubble hope all goes well for scan and BT tomorrow

AFM: been a bit sore today. Rested and drank lots of water and Gatorade and took it easy. So I don't know how to feel?! I'm sad that only 3/5 eggs have fertilised! But on the bright side we have 1 more embie than last stim cycle but we may not get any snow babies this cycle... Boo and we are considering a double transfer also. Will know more tomorrow arvo when I call the clinic for Embie update and get transfer details. I've decided to call them the 3 Musketeers

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (08-10-2014),Hope Is Fading  (07-10-2014),loulabubble  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 I'm hoping my follicles have grown since Monday as I have to have EPU on Friday as they don't do it on a Saturday. Just glad I've had my last orgalutran tonight hate that needle. How many are you going to have transferred back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    @MrsChino I too have endo IV and a terrible endometrioma on my left ovary. It's a pesky thing, last lap surgery I had was in Aug this year and surgeon could not reach it to remove it. Then at my EPU my left ovary was hiding so we could only get eggs from my right side. Lucky my right always has more than my left. My FS talked to me about having the 3/4 hour surgery where they do a huge endo clean up. Have you done this? If this cycle does not work I may have to do that surgery. I am far from enthusiastic about this prospect and will only do it if it will dramatically increase my chances of IVF success. I am so over it.
    Hi straycat! Sorry to hear you too struggle with endo. Like @MrsChino, I've had the big surgery - it had to be done - twice. The incision went from hip to hip and first time around they had to remove some of my actual bowel and rectum due to it being ravaged in endo. Also had it pretty much everywhere else and in my doctors words 'it was a f*#king mess in there'. Second time was another hip to hip incision to remove an endometrioma that was over 15cm - size of a large grapefruit from my left ovary. There wasn't any ovary left so they had to take the ovary and tube with it. I lost a lot of blood in that one because the damn thing had grown it's own major blood vessels. Had to have 3L of donated blood. You do feel a lot better after having it, but due to the large incision, recovery does take quite a bit of time. I had at least 3 weeks off work with a staggered return. I've also had numerous laparotomies, and due to all of this there's an awful lot of scar tissue inside. If you can avoid the major surgery I would. I believe it's the reason my embies don't stick - too much scar tissue. It's an awful disease and more research needs to be done on it. I feel for anyone who has to go through it.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

straycat  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 - 3 out of 5 isn't a bad result, but I completely understand your disappointment in not having many if any backups. I hope they all do some quick growing for you and you have a frosty available.
    @ScubaGal - I decided I won't POAS until the weekend. I know how I react to seeing just the one line, and I won't be in a fit state to go to work afterwards so I'm going to wait til the weekend. Although on Saturday (I'm a bit of a hobby photographer in my spare time) I have agreed to take some photos of my friend and her beautiful newborn baby girl. Might have to wait til Sunday...ah we'll see.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (09-10-2014)